- 100 day return period
- Online since 1998
- Trusted Shop 4.84 / 5.00
Mavic Ksyrium Elite UST Disc wheelset tyre combo - versatile and dynamic
The Mavic Ksyrium Elite UST WTS Disc Center Lock wheelset (Wheel-Tyre-System) is a robust wheelset for everyday training and also for competition thanks to its dynamic handling. It scores with disc brake compatibility and UST Road Tubeless technology, which allows for tubeless mounting for increased puncture resistance and improved rolling characteristics. The rims of Ksyrium Elite wheels have been wall thickness optimised using ISM 4D to achieve the best possible stiffness-to-weight ratio. Full variability in terms of over locknut dimensions and freehub systems is guaranteed. The wheelset is supplied with two Yksion Pro UST tyres.
Application: Gravel, Cyclocross, Road
Wheel Size: 28"
Tyre Type: clincher
Number of Spokes: 24
Brake Type: Center Lock disc
Tubeless System: Road UST
Technical Information - Rim:
Dimensions (ETRTO): 19-622
Inner Width: 19 mm
Outer Width: 23.5 mm
Depth: 22 mm
Valve Hole Diameter: Presta (6.5 mm)
Rim Material: aluminium (Maxtal)
Technical Information - Front Hub:
Over Locknut Dimension: 12 x 100 mm thru-axle, convertible to 9 x 100 mm quick release
Bearings: cartridge bearings (sealed)
Body Material: aluminium
Technical Information - Rear Hub:
Over Locknut Dimension: 12 x 142 mm thru-axle, convertible to 10 x 135 mm quick release
Bearings: cartridge bearings (sealed)
Body Material: aluminium
Freehub Body Material: aluminium
Freehub Body: Instant Drive 360
Technical Information - Lacing:
Front Lacing Pattern: 2-cross
Rear Lacing Pattern: Isopulse
Spoke Type: straight / aero
Spoke Size: 297 mm (front), 297 mm/279 mm (rear l/r)
Spoke Material: steel
Nipple Type: Fore, integrated
Nipple Material: aluminium
Technical Information - Tyres:
Front: Yksion Pro UST
Rear: Yksion Pro UST
Type: folding tyre
Tubeless System: UST Tubeless Ready
Rubber Compound: Single Compound
Carcass: 127 tpi
Puncture Protection: polyamide
Dimensions: 700 x 25c
Weight Limit: 120 kg total weight* (rider, gear & bike)
Air Pressure (max.): 6 bar (tubeless 25 mm, with tube 28 mm), 5 bar (tubeless 28 mm), 7 bar (with tube 25 mm)
Recommended Tyre Width: 25 - 32 mm
* recommended for increased durability
- UST Road Tubeless technology for lower rolling resistance and more speed by eliminating friction between tyre and tube
- lower tyre pressure possible thanks to UST Road Tubeless technology - for smoother riding characteristics and lower risk of punctures
- patented UST system creates the perfect unity of wheel and tyre - as well as particularly easy installation and tyre changing
- 19 mm rim width (inside) for more tyre volume
- super light rim thanks to ISM 4D weight tuning
- steel spokes save weight - for fast, comfortable riding characteristics
- SUP rim joint
- Fore rim holes, rim profile optimised for disc brakes
- front: adjustable sealed cartridge bearings (QRM+), rear: self-aligning sealed cartridge bearings (QRM Auto)
- aluminium axles
- front can be converted to quick release (adapters supplied), conversion to 15 x 100 only possible with axle change
- rear can be converted to quick release (with included adapters) or to 12 x 135 mm thru axle (with separate adapter)
- ASTM category 2: for use on roads, maintained dirt roads and gravel roads (on Touring and Cross Country bikes) with jumps up to a height of 15 cm
Light and stable. Exclusively produced for Mavic, this aluminium alloy offers a higher strength-to-weight ratio than traditional 6106 aluminium. 30 % more stable rims and lower rim weight.
Soudé Usiné Process. The rim joint is welded and then machined to produce a smooth braking surface. A welded rim joint is more durable, prevents any brake vibrations and facilitates the lacing and truing of a perfect wheel.
ISM 4D not only noticeably reduces weight and sluggishness without sacrificing durability. The exclusive Mavic patent, with its innovative rim profile, also ensures better aerodynamics. Up to 50 g lighter for even faster climbing performance. Minimum inertia for maximum acceleration. Extra aerodynamic rim profile for less drag.
QRM Auto (Rear)
Qualité de Roulements Mavic Auto. The latest bearing innovation by Mavic. These cartridge bearings (bearing clearance: C3) are of course double sealed. Their bearing clearance is automatically adjusted to guarantee smooth running without any play at all times.
Qualité de Roulements Mavic +. Mavic's most sophisticated bearing technology: with double seal and extremely dimensionally stable, micro-fine adjustable - according to your needs: super-smooth for maximum smoothness or minimum tightening for the worse weather conditions.
Instant Drive 360
The Instant Drive 360 freehub system is super-lightweight and provides a fast frictional connection with an engagement angle of only 9°. A large, non-contact rubber seal reduces friction. And a wide selection of axle caps ensure compatibility with many standards.
This special lacing (radial on the right, double cross on the left) increases the stability of the wheels and ensures optimum power transmission - thanks to more even spoke tension on the left and right hub flange. Higher stiffness under heavy loads - for direct power transmission. Higher wheel stability - for lower maintenance requirements.
Stiffer and stronger. Instead of drilling a conventional rim hole, the inner rim base is pressed inwards in one operation and provided with a thread into which the nipples are screwed directly. The outer rim base remains intact. The rim is four times more resistant to fatigue and 20 % stiffer - for optimum power transmission.
UST means Universal Standard for Tubeless and is compatible with UST Tubeless Ready tyres. The UST technology improves traction, control and riding comfort with reduced inertia and reduced risk of punctures. Road UST is a complete system where wheel and tyre are developed together.
UST Tubeless Ready (Tyres)
The UST concept improves traction, control and comfort - while reducing sluggishness and the risk of punctures. The Tubeless Ready construction results in a lighter tyre for even better performance.
28" set (front 12x100 + rear 12x142) Shimano:
Freehub: Shimano Road
Note: Assembly of 8-/9-/10-speed cassettes on Shimano Road freehub bodies requires a 1.85 mm spacer.
Manufacturer Part Number: LP8941100
Conversion Options: To convert to Campagnolo, a Campagnolo freehub body is required. To convert to SRAM XDR, an XDR freehub body is required.
- 1 x Mavic Ksyrium Elite UST Disc wheelset (front and rear)
- 2 x Mavic Yksion Pro UST 25 mm folding tyres
- 1 pair of adapters for quick release, front
- 1 pair of 9.5 mm reducers for quick release, rear
- 1 x tyre sealant syringe
- 1 x bottle of Mavic sealant (rear)
- 1 x cassette spacer (rear)
- 2 x UST valve with accessories
- black/28" set (front 12x100 + rear 12x142) Shimano: 1670 g (Satz o. Reifen) / 2190 g (Satz m. Reifen)