- 100 day return period
- Online since 1998
- Trusted Shop 4.86 / 5.00
No two teeth are alike: the Buzz chainrings by Praxis Works
Praxis Works Buzz chainrings are created with a proprietary forging process which allows Praxis Works to manipulate the ring shape and tooth profile more than ever before. With their " One-Shot" forging they are able to increase the amount of shifting features on a chainring which normal CNC manufacturing won't allow. The process also creates a harder and tougher tooth surface for durability. Individual tooth profiles, alternating tooth angles, timed ramps and tactically placed shift elevators are all jam packed onto a Praxis ring. Translation: All of these small aggregate features add up to the most durable and consistent shifting rings ever produced for cyclists.
Mount: 110 mm bolt circle diameter, 5-arm
Teeth: 32-48t, 34-50t, 36-52t
Gearing: 2x10-speed, 2x11-speed
Material: aluminium (7075-T6)
- superior manufacturing process that forges 7075 T6 aluminum chainrings with more tooth detail than ever before
- hard anodized
- 34-50 and 36-52 install on both traditional 5-arm AND 4-arm w/hidden 5th (SRAM Exogram) road cranks
- 32-48 install on the new Praxis Works branded 110BCD road cranks, and also the new Specialized alloy 110BCD spider ONLY (set includes custom bolts required for installation), will not install on prior generation " TURN" road cranks or other brand cranks
- compatible with 10/11sp drivetrains by Shimano, Campagnolo, SRAM
- great for use with Di2, EPS, or eTap shifting systems
- InfoCrank, Power2Max, SRM, and QUARQ power meter compatible
- including long and short threaded chain catch pins
- KMC, Shimano, or Campagnolo chains recommended
Forging is the process by which metal is shaped applying heavy compressive force. At Praxis, this compressive force comes in the form a very large forging press.
Similar to wood, metal has grain to it. Forging refines that grain structure and improves the physical properties of the 7075 T6 Aluminum blanks Praxis Works starts with. With their ring designs, the grain flow can be oriented in the direction of principal stresses (the chain) encountered while riding.
Physical properties (such as hardness and toughness) are also much better in a forging than in the base metal which has grain crystals randomly oriented. The chainrings produced here yield very high strength to weight ratio.
Like all great marriages in life, timing is everything. A large part of Praxis Works LevaTime shifting system is the timing and clocking of the outer and inner rings together. All of the Praxis ring combinations are " Matched Sets" precisely designed in concert for an optimized shifting experience. Praxis engineers spend an obscene amount of time laboring over tooth shape, ramping, and the precise location of shift elevators. All of this is done in order for the inner and outer ring to be in perfect sync at the moment you shift.
Manufacturer Part Numbers:
32-48 teeth: 4832-4004
34-50 teeth: 5034-4004
36-52 teeth: 5236-4004
- 1 x Praxis Works Buzz inner chainring (32, 34 or 36t)
- 1 x Praxis Works Buzz outer chainring (48, 50 or 52t)
- 5 x chaining bolts (32-48t only)
- black/36-52 tooth: 158 g