- 100 day return period
- Online since 1998
- Trusted Shop 4.89 / 5.00
Even more customisation: the ALDHU 3D+ Crank by Rotor
With the ALDHU 3D+, Rotor has developed a trend-setting road bike crank system that can be freely configured and assembled without special tools and expertise. Thanks to the Direct Mount system, changing chainrings is a matter of minutes when using the One Piece combi chainring or single chainrings with Direct Mount Spider - a hex tool is all that is needed.
ALDHU is an acronym of Alpe d'Huez, and is reminiscent of the 2008 Tour de France, when Carlos Sastre took the first significant victory with Rotor components at the legendary mountain finish.
- Chainring Mount:
- 110 mm pitch circle, 4-arm asymmetrical
- Crank Arm Material:
- aluminium (7055)
- Chainring Material:
- aluminium (7075)
- 34-50, 36-52, 39-53
- Crank Arm Length:
- 170.0 mm, 172.5 mm, 175.0 mm
- 43.5 mm (standard), 46 mm (offset)
- 147 mm (standard), 152 mm (offset)
- Axle Diameter:
- 30 mm
- Recommended Bottom Bracket:
- BB30, BB386EVO, BSA, ITA, PF30*
* A complete overview of compatible bottom brackets and any necessary spacers can be found in the spacer chart by Rotor.
- ALDHU: innovative modular structure with different axle and chainring options
- traditional chainring mounting (noQ, round) with supplied spider
- easy chainring exchange with allen wrench
- Name ALDHU (Alpe d'Huez) stands for the competition tradition of Rotor
- version for rim brake frames with classic over locknut dimension or for disc frames with wider over locknut dimension (offset)
Rotor uses only the best materials to make the best cranks. 7055 combines the superior physical properties of a 7000 alloy with incredible wear resistance. Each bar of raw material is ultrasonically inspected to ensure that it is free from internal defects. Rotor uses 7055 in manufacturing the completely CNC-milled pedal cranks such as FLOW, 3D+ and REX 1.
Made with the latest technologies. Computer Numerical Control (CNC) milling ensures a precise and uniform production process. This is particularly important when manufacturing components that must function properly and work in congruity with other parts. Thanks to state-of-the-art CNC equipment, Rotor parts are manufactured with extreme precision, down to a hundredth of a millimetre.
Rotor CNC cranks are stiffer than competitive cranksets thanks to Trinity Drilling System (TDS). In this procedure, three full holes are drilled from the bottom bracket to the pedal. This creates a box-like grid, similar to a box girder bridge. This makes the cranks extremely stiff while at the same time reducing weight, resulting in an excellent stiffness-to-weight ratio.
Rotor's Twin Leg Concept (TLC) offers the stiffest possible crankset by balancing the left-right stiffness of the cranks. A super stiff right crank arm is of little use if the left crank arm cannot keep up. By designing the pedal cranks as a set instead of two separate crank arms, TLC contributes to the best balanced cranks available.
- 1 x Rotor ALDHU 3D+ left crank arm
- 1 x Rotor ALDHU 3D+ right crank arm
- 1 x Rotor ALDHU 3D+ standard crank axle or offset
- 1 x Rotor ALDHU 3D+ Spider BCD 110 x 4
- 1 x Rotor ALDHU 3D+ noQ Small Chainring
- 1 x Rotor ALDHU 3D+ noQ Large Chainring
- 4 x chainring bolts
- black-matte/170.0 mm 36-52: 593 g (ohne Spider)
- black-matte/170.0 mm 36-52 Offset: 596 g (ohne Spider)