- 100 day return period
- Online since 1998
- Trusted Shop 4.84 / 5.00
The SH-XC5 shoes by Shimano - ideal for mixed-terrain rides
The Shimano SH-XC5 shoes (SH-XC500) are suitable for off-road riding and cycling adventures on mixed surfaces. They convince with their Powerstrap lacing system, which gives the foot a secure hold, and the carbon fibre reinforced midsole, which provides more stiffness. A Michelin sole with high traction is used on the outside. The perforated upper material of the shoe guarantees optimal ventilation.
Application: Cross Country, Cyclocross, Gravel
Pedal System: 2-bolt (SPD)
Closure System: laces
Sole Stiffness: 7 (on a scale of 1 to 12)
To find the correct ergonomic position of the feet on the pedals, we recommend using the Cleat Tool by Ergon. With this tool the length, the Q-Factor and foot angle can be perfectly adjusted.
- imitation leather: lighter, stronger and more durable than genuine leather
- Mini-Powerstrap lacing system provides a secure hold for the foot
- light and stiff, carbon fibre reinforced midsole
- soft, perforated imitation leather for optimal ventilation and fit
- exclusive, dirt-repellent Michelin tread pattern for best traction
- outsole in the arch of the foot with anti-slip profile
- reinforced spike mount for extreme conditions (Reinforced Spike Mount)
- ideal in combination with PD-M8000 pedals
Upper: other (synthetic leather)
Lining & Cover Sole: textile (mesh)
Outersole: other (rubber)
Shimano Dynalast is a superior shoe last design with an optimized toe-spring section that promotes a smoother, more energy-efficient upstroke. Among the advantages are a better performance, less fatigue and more comfort for every biker type. Furthermore, Dynalast is characterised by a lighter and thinner sole structure as well as an expanded cleat adjustment range.
For the extreme demands of gravity-assisted riding. Specifically designed outsole, result of the cooperation of Shimano and Michelin: this sole is characterised by two zones of different density and a strategically placed knob pattern for better grip without compromising pedalling efficiency.
Shimano shoes (except the GORE-TEX™ models) run narrow and may be smaller than expected. The best solution is to order one size larger than usual.
Manufacturer Part Numbers:
green camo: ESHXC5PC...SC00
- 1 pair of Shimano SH-XC5 MTB shoes (SH-XC500)
- 1 pair of cleat backing plates
- 1 pair of laces