- 100 day return period
- Online since 1998
- Trusted Shop 4.89 / 5.00
- City, Touring, All Mountain, Road, Gravel
- fender (rear)
- cable ties
- 86 x 380 mm
- composite (polypropylene)
- every standard-shape full rear fender
- metallic fenders made of aluminium or steel are preferred, as it is difficult to drill holes in plastic fenders
- reduces splashing water from the rear wheel
- mounting with cable ties or screws (optional)
- is made of 80 % recycled PP
- ideal for riding in groups or for tours with a child trailer
As with all ASS SAVERS products, the pre-folding should be respected. The central fold of the BroTector makes it more stable and the rear " smiley-like" fold provides improved protection and makes the fender extension less susceptible to be damaged by ground contact.
Two holes have to be drilled in the full fender. Hold the BroTector against the fender at the desired height. The closer it is to the ground, the better protection can be achieved, but make sure it cannot get caught on curbs or uneven terrain. The holes must be drilled along the centre line of the mudguard at 25 mm intervals. Use a sharp, pointed tool to mark the drill point. Use a 5 mm drill bit to drill the hole. Afterwards a 10 mm drill bit can be used to clean the possibly very sharp edges of the hole.
Place the BroTector on the inside of the fender and thread a cable tie (not included) from the outside through the upper hole of the fender and the ToeTector before you bring the cable tie back through the lower hole and fix it. Be sure to pull the fender extension firmly against the fender during the whole installation time. If you have enough space between tyre and fender, it is recommended to thread the cable tie from the inside of the fender. In this way, the head of the cable tie can be hidden, which simply looks better.
Alternatively, it can be mounted using two nuts and bolts with washers (not included).
- 1 x ASS SAVERS BroTector Regular fender extension
- black/universal: 21 g