CeramicSpeed OSPW Aero Coated Derailleur Pulley System for Shimano R9100 / R8000-SS
CeramicSpeed OSPW Aero Coated System for Shimano R9100 and R8000 rear derailleurs
CeramicSpeed uses a complete cover made of polyamide-reinforced carbon for the OSPW Aero Coated derailleur pulley system for 11-speed Shimano Dura-Ace R9100 and Ultegra R8000 rear derailleurs with a short cage. This provides a considerable aerodynamic advantage over the standard models because there is less wind turbulence. As usual, the derailleur pulleys are oversized - 13 teeth at the top, 19 at the bottom - and run on extremely low-friction ceramic bearings. Their barrel rings were additionally metal-coated to be even more durable. CeramicSpeed developed the OSWP Aero Systems in collaboration with the aerodynamics specialists at Drag2Zero.
For hazard warnings, safety and application information, please see CeramicSpeed Oil for Derailleur Pulleys.
- Road, Triathlon & Time Trial
- Cassette Teeth (max.):
- Shimano Dura-Ace RD-R9100, Dura-Ace Di2 RD-R9150, Ultegra RD-R8000-SS, Ultegra Di2 RD-R8050-SS(not for GS cage)
- Derailleur Pulleys:
- 13 tooth (upper derailleur pulley), 19 tooth (lower derailleur pulley)
- Other Materials:
- polyamide, carbon
- oversize derailleur pulley system with ceramic bearings, offering unique durability and performance
- complete cover made of polyamide-reinforced carbon for more aerodynamics
- reduced friction and increased energy savings for a highly efficient drivetrain
- high-performance bearings with very hard, above-average supple and resilient ceramic balls made of grade-3 silicon nitride (best achievable grade for ceramic bearings)
- ball bearing races additionally metal-coated for more performance and durability
- four spring tension options
- handmade in Denmark
- developed in collaboration with Simon Smart and Drag2Zero
Technology:Ceramic Bearings by CeramicSpeed
CeramicSpeed ceramic balls are rounder, harder, smoother, lighter and more resilient than steel balls and ceramic balls from other manufacturers. CeramicSpeed ceramic bearings therefore last 3 to 5 times longer than other commercially available bearings. All CeramicSpeed bearings are manufactured by hand in Denmark under clean room conditions and are subject to a strict four-stage control procedure. Among other things, the size of the ceramic balls is checked down to the thousandth of a millimetre. Tests are then carried out in the laboratory or preferably by professionals in training and competition. CeramicSpeed bottom brackets guarantee you the lowest possible friction, optimised power transfer and maximum durability and also help you save watts and reach the finish line faster. It's not about seconds, it's about minutes!
The Oversized Pulley Wheel System (OSPW system) is a breakthrough innovation from CeramicSpeed, developed in collaboration with world-class triathletes. This unique system is known for 40 - 60% less friction compared to standard derailleur pulleys and allows power savings of at least 1.6 and up to 2.4 watts. The OSPW system features the unique CeramicSpeed bearing, aluminium derailleur pulleys and a polyamide-carbon cage, making it 3 to 5 times more durable than standard systems on the market.
CeramicSpeed coated products offer the ultimate in performance and durability. This is achieved by a unique coating that increases the hardness of the races, so that in combination with the smoothness of CeramicSpeed ball bearings, there is virtually no bearing wear. The coating is a metal layer that is 75% harder than hardened steel. It is applied very thinly (0.003 mm) and evenly over the entire surface of the race and is used both internally and externally for optimum results.
- 1 x CeramicSpeed OSPW Aero Coated derailleur pulley system for Shimano R9100 / R8000-SS
- 1 x CeramicSpeed oil, 15 ml dropper bottle
- black/universal: 164 g
- 100 day return period
- Online since 1998
- Trusted Shop 4.89 / 5.00