- 100 day return period
- Online since 1998
- Trusted Shop 4.86 / 5.00
OneUp Components EDC Top Cap + Preload Kit - a clever solution
The OneUp Components EDC Top Cap with Preload Kit is an ideal solution for those who want to store the |title=EDC Tool V2 tool%} in the steerer tube but are reluctant to thread it. It contains an EDC-compatible Top Cap, headset Preloader, headset spacers (40 mm in total) and an EDC Steerer Plug. With the Top Cap you have the choice between seven attractive colours. The reason why so many Enduro World Series Pro riders use the OneUp EDC Tool in the event of a mechanical is because this tool set is right there and contains everything you need. OneUp Components wanted to benefit even more riders - including those with steel and carbon fork steerer - and developed this solution to do so.
Important: The whole thing works only with the OneUp stem. This is because it has a recess on the underside of the body into which the Preload Kit is inserted, whereby you adjust the preload via a third screw on the fork steerer clamp. The Preloader consists of a conical split wedge clamp with clamp bolt and nut, which is connected to a conical headset spacer. When you tighten the bolt on the back of the stem, the Preloader closes, the internal cone is tightened and the conical headset spacer is pushed down away from the stem, which preloads the headset.
Application: All Mountain, Enduro
Headset Top Cap:
- 1 1/8" steer tubes
- 1 1/8" - 1.5" tapered steerer tubes
- special compensating spacers for clip-on mounting on the stem (included in delivery)
- commercially available spacers can be used under the stem
- only works with OneUp stems
Storing the EDC tool in the steerer tube without threading:
Important note in advance:
- All compatibility information and installation instructions are exclusively from OneUp Components. Using the EDC Tool System (V2) on your bike may void the original manufacturer warranty.
Shape: 1 1/8" - 1.5" tapered
Steerer Tube Length: 183 - 230 mm
Minimum diameter: 22.1 mm
Recommended Steerer Tube Diameter (max.): 31.75 mm - 34.00 mm
Please make sure that your fork meets the above criteria before purchasing, as it is possible that the EDC Steerer Plug will not fit your fork. Its installation is not absolutely necessary.
How to use the Preload Kit:
- 35 Stem
- saves thread drill in the steerer tube for stowing the EDC V2 tool
- preloads the headset in combination with the headset cap, replaces the Ahead star nut
To colour refers to the EDC Top Cap.
Manufacturer Part Numbers:
- 1 x OneUp Components top cap
- 1 x OneUp Components Preload Kit w/ bolt and locknut
- 2 x OneUp Components EDC 5 mm spacers for clip-in mount on stem
- 2 x OneUp Components EDC 10 mm spacers for clip-in mount on stem
- 1 x OneUp Components steerer plug