Nothing stays the same: the 27.5" PROCORE set by Schwalbe
Off road: riding at lower pressure means better performance ... but at the same time, it increases the risk of failures. The limit so far is at about 20 psi, below which it’s hardly possible to dare ride normal MTB tyres.
However, nothing stays the same: Air pressure can now be controlled with a dual chamber system. In the outer chamber, the air pressure is extremely low - ideal for maximum off road performance. In the inner chamber, directly on the rim, there is high air pressure – even a very strong impact cannot dent the rim edge. At the same time, the inner high-pressure system secures the tyre onto the rim. “Burping”, the dreaded loss of air at low pressure in conventional tubeless systems, is impossible.
Application: Enduro, Downhill, Performance MTB
Outer Chamber Air Pressure: 0.8 – 1.5 bar
Inner Chamber Air Pressure: 4 – 6 bar
Rim Width (min./max.): 23 mm - 40 mm Maulweite
Tyre Width (min.): 57 mm (2.25“)
PROCORE can be used with every tubeless MTB tyre that is at least 2.25“ wide.
PROCORE also requires a tubeless rim with an inner rim width between 23 mm and 40 mm. Wider rims allow for lower tyre pressures. We recommend Syntace rims .
- tyre pressure reduced to a minimum 14 psi
- tyre provides extremely sensitive cushioning
- even on roughest terrain tyre “sticks” to the ground
- better steering, braking and traction control
- rims are extremely well protected from denting
- an end to snake bites
- even in toughest conditions, significantly lighter tyres can be used
- excellent emergency running characteristics due to the internal high-pressure air chamber
PROCORE is derived from " Progressive Core" . The core (internal high-pressure chamber) progressively absorbs even the hardest impacts. A joint development from Schwalbe and Syntace.
With the PROCORE double chamber system, it’s possible to ride with low air pressure increasing the performance of the tyres. Because of the second high pressure chamber even a very strong impact cannot bust the tube/dent the rim. Before you couldn’t risk riding lower than 20 psi because the risk of snake-bites was too high.
Two chambers - one valve
A special dual valve distributes the air into both chambers. The upper part of the valve is a selector. Simply twist in and out to fill the desired chamber.
The inner chamber uses high pressure (55-85 psi) with a special tube making it safer against snakebites and preventing burping.
The outer chamber uses extremely low pressure (10-20 psi), tubeless with sealant fluid for optimum performance.
Refer to following video for more instructions:
- 2 x Schwalbe PROCORE inner tyres
- 2 x Schwalbe PROCORE special tubes
- 1 x Schwalbe tubeless rim tape, 25 mm x 10 m
- 2 x Schwalbe Doc Blue tyre sealant, à 60 ml
- 1 x Schwalbe Easy Fit tyre installation fluid
- 2 x Schwalbe PROCORE airguides
- 3 x Schwalbe PROCORE tyre levers
-universal / 27.5" : 400 g