- 100 day return period
- Online since 1998
- Trusted Shop 4.89 / 5.00
The SH-XC502 Cross-Country Shoes by Shimano in a wide design
The Shimano SH-XC502 shoe is also available in a special version for wider feet, called XC5E for short. Like the standard version, it ensures plenty of performance in cross-country use with its BOA-L6 twist closure and fibreglass-reinforced midsole. The shoes have been equipped with the Ultread-XC rubber outsole, which sets new standards in terms of grip and durability. The upper shoe made of synthetic leather, mesh and TPU is constructed with less material overlap, which improves comfort as well as fit and saves on weight. You can quickly and conveniently make individual adjustments using the turn dial. The shoe's stabilising midsole and Dynalast technology ensure maximally efficient power transfer, resulting in longer performance. Replaceable cleats round off this high-performance model.
- Cross Country, Cyclocross
- Pedal System:
- 2-bolt (SPD)
- Closure System:
- twist closure, hook & loop fastener
- Sole Stiffness:
- 7 (on a scale of 1 to 12)
Cleat Adjustment:To find the correct ergonomic position of the feet on the pedals, we recommend using the Cleat Tool by Ergon. With this tool the length, the Q-Factor and foot angle can be perfectly adjusted.
- lightweight Shimano Ultread-XC rubber outsole for durable, excellent grip
- upper covered with mesh, TPU and synthetic leather, with wrap-around and low overlap construction for comfortable fit and light weight
- BOA L6 twist closure on the instep for quickly and comfortably securing a wide range of foot shapes
- fibreglass-reinforced flat midsole with seamless construction for good power transfer and stability
- harder contact block on the forefoot
- cleats can be selected and replaced to suit discipline and conditions
- reinforcement of the cleat mount for extreme conditions
- Shimano Dynalast lasts (wide version)
- ideal in combination with PD-M8100 pedals
- Lining & Cover Sole:
Ultread XC is a rubber compound developed by Shimano for the outsoles found specifically on cross-country and cyclocross road shoes. It is lightweight, grippy and performs well in both dry and wet conditions. Outsoles with Ultread XC have specific textured areas that make it easier to clip into SPD pedals and provide traction when clipped out. Thanks to the abrasion resistance of the rubber compound, they are very robust and resist contact with roots or stones.
Shimano's Dynalast technology is a shoe last design with less toe rise. It creates a smoother upward motion when pedalling, which is more energy efficient and therefore improves performance. Less power is lost and you tire less quickly.
Size Guide:These Shimano shoes run smaller than one would expect from their size. It is best to order one size larger than usual.
- 1 x pair S-Phyre XC5E (SH-XC502 Wide) MTB shoes