- 100 day return period
- Online since 1998
- Trusted Shop 4.89 / 5.00
Specialized S-Works Prevail 3 MIPS Road Bike Helmet - Airy, innovative construction
The S-Works Prevail 3 is an all-round helmet from Specialized that scores points for outstanding ventilation and comfort in heat and on strenuous uphill rides. Compared to the previous model, it has an almost 25% larger ventilation zone as foam bridges in the middle have been dispensed with, which creates space for more air channels. Never before has Specialized designed such an airy helmet. However, that's not all: the protection afforded by AirCage technology is truly groundbreaking. The S-Works Prevail 3 not only uses a high-quality, durable polycarbonate shell and conventional EPS foam: it has also been infused with strong aramid fibres, which are attached to carbon panels on the sides. In the event of an impact, this construction, which is reminiscent of a suspension bridge, distributes impact forces over the entire helmet. There is also a movable MIPS intermediate layer that dissipates rotational forces. It has been integrated directly into the helmet padding and has perforations to afford more breathability and a lighter weight.
The adjustability of the Prevail 3 is also outstanding: it can be adjusted in height and at the back of the head so that it fits your head's shape perfectly. In addition, you can comfortably adjust the helmet angle to accommodate the design of your eyewear. The fine adjustment system at the rear is compatible with the ANGi emergency sensor and is characterised by grip and good operability while riding. The strap system is highly adjustable and has a supple strap with a width of just 10 mm.
- Shell structure + AirCage + MIPS, ANGi compatible
- Closure System:
- all-round helmet with superior ventilation system for high temperatures, strenuous climbs and mountain passes
- 24.5% larger ventilation area than S-Works Prevail II Vent
- air channels instead of foam bridges in the middle of the helmet
- incorporated woven aramid " cables" attached to carbon fibre panels at the sides
- distribution of impact forces over the entire helmet
- MIPS Air Node technology integrated directly into helmet padding for better ventilation
- MIPS layer with perforations for less weight, more breathability and increased comfort
- adjustment system at the back of the head for fitting the helmet to your head's shape
- adjustable helmet angle for better compatibility with different eyewear designs
- easy-grip, on-the-fly Mindset System for fine adjustment also offers height adjustability
- compatible with the ANGi emergency sensor for accident detection and automatic contact notification (not included in the delivery)
- Tri-Fix strap system offers custom adjustment options for increased comfort
- revised thinner strap with 10 mm width counteracts noise
- all-round shell made of precision-processed polycarbonate for longer durability, high-quality finish
- part of the equipment collection for the Bora, Quick-Step and TotalEnergies teams at the Tour de France 2022
- part of the equipment collection for Team SD Worx at the Tour de France Femmes 2022
AirCage construction promotes ventilation and the protective function of the helmet at the same time. Specialized has left out foam bridges in the centre to create space for air channels. Instead, the helmet's shell is criss-crossed with Aradmid fibres, which are suspended from carbon panels at the sides. Based on the same principle as a suspension bridge, the local forces are distributed over the entire helmet in the event of an impact.
MIPS is the acronym for " Multi Directional Impact Protection System" and refers to a movable protective layer that is built into most Specialized helmets. This inlay is connected to the helmet via an elastomer and can glide in all directions by approx. 10 to 15 mm. This absorbs and reduces the rotational forces acting on the head during a fall. In the MIPS SL version of the S-Works Road and the Ambush helmets, Specialized also ensure that the MIPS layer does not have any disadvantages in terms of ventilation and weight.
- 51 - 56 cm:
- 55 - 59 cm:
- 59 - 63 cm:
- white sage metallic:
- 1 x Specialized S-Works Prevail 3 Helmet