- 100 day return period
- Online since 1998
- Trusted Shop 4.89 / 5.00
- City, Touring, All Mountain, Road, Gravel
- front fender
- cable ties
- 86 x 187 mm
- composite (polypropylene)
- every standard-shape full front fender
- metallic fenders made of aluminium or steel are preferred, as it is difficult to drill holes in plastic fenders
- protects the rider's toes and the drive from water spray from the front wheel
- mounting with cable ties or bolts (both not included)
- is made of 80 % recycled PP
- ideal for commuting during winter
As with all ASS SAVERS products, the pre-folding should be respected. The central fold of the ToeTector makes it more stable and the rear " smiley-like" fold provides improved protection and makes the fender extension less susceptible to be damaged by ground contact.
Two holes have to be drilled in the full fender. Hold the ToeTector against the fender at the desired height. The closer it is to the ground, the better protection can be achieved, but make sure it cannot get caught on curbs or uneven terrain. The holes must be drilled along the centre line of the mudguard at 25 mm intervals. Use a sharp, pointed tool to mark the drill point. Use a 5 mm drill bit to drill the hole. Afterwards a 10 mm drill bit can be used to clean the possibly very sharp edges of the hole.
Place the ToeTector on the inside of the fender and thread a cable tie (not included) from the outside through the upper hole of the fender and the ToeTector before you bring the cable tie back through the lower hole and fix it. Be sure to pull the fender extension firmly against the fender during the whole installation time. If you have enough space between tyre and fender, it is recommended to thread the cable tie from the inside of the fender. In this way, the head of the cable tie can be hidden, which simply looks better.
Alternatively, it can be mounted using two nuts and bolts with washers (not included).
- 1 x ASS SAVERS ToeTector Regular fender extension
- black/universal: 9 g