Less friction, more power: the OSPW derailleur pulleys by CeramicSpeed
The Oversized Pulley Wheel System (OSPW System) is a breakthrough innovation by CeramicSpeed, developed in collaboration with world-class triathletes. This unique system is now also available for the Dura-Ace R9100, which means 30% less friction compared to original Shimano gears. This has been shown by CeramicSpeed's own tests. The OSPW system for Dura-Ace R9100 features the unique CeramicSpeed bearing, 13- and 19-tooth aluminium derailleur pulleys and a polyamide-carbon cage, making it more durable than standard systems on the market. A real advance in the field of cycling performance.
For hazard warnings, safety and application information, please see CeramicSpeed Oil for Derailleur Pulleys.
- Road, Triathlon & Time Trial
- Cassette Teeth (max.):
- Shimano Dura-Ace R9100/9150, Ultegra R8000-SS, R8050-SS (not for GS cage)
- Derailleur Pulleys:
- 13 tooth (upper derailleur pulley), 19 tooth (lower derailleur pulley)
- Outer Cage Material:
- polyamide, carbon
- Inner Cage Material:
- polyamide, carbon
- Other Materials:
- 607 ceramic
- high-performance bearings with special ceramic balls made of grade 3 silicon nitride (best achievable degree for ceramic bearings)
- ball bearing retainer made of reinforced polyamide, race made of hardened steel with polished channel
- CeramicSpeed bearing balls: 15% harder, 100% smoother and 99% more resilient than commercially available ceramic balls
- up to 60% less friction thanks to OSPW system
- unique durability and mileage
- handmade in Denmark
Technology:Ceramic Bearings by CeramicSpeed
CeramicSpeed ceramic balls are rounder, harder, smoother, lighter and more resilient than steel balls and ceramic balls from other manufacturers. CeramicSpeed ceramic bearings therefore last 3 to 5 times longer than other commercially available bearings. All CeramicSpeed bearings are manufactured by hand in Denmark under clean room conditions and are subject to a strict four-stage control procedure. Among other things, the size of the ceramic balls is checked down to the thousandth of a millimetre. Tests are then carried out in the laboratory or preferably by professionals in training and competition. CeramicSpeed bottom brackets guarantee you the lowest possible friction, optimised power transfer and maximum durability and also help you save watts and reach the finish line faster. It's not about seconds, it's about minutes!
The Oversized Pulley Wheel System (OSPW System) is a breakthrough innovation by CeramicSpeed, developed in collaboration with world-class triathletes. This unique system is known for 40 - 60% less friction compared to standard derailleur pulleys and allows power savings of at least 1.6 and up to 2.4 watts. The OSPW system features the unique CeramicSpeed bearing, aluminium derailleur pulleys and a polyamide-carbon cage, making it 3 to 5 times more durable than standard systems on the market. A real advance in the field of cycling performance.
- Note from the manufacturer:
- The rear derailleur should be completely removed before transporting the bicycle in a travel bag, otherwise the OSPW System could be damaged.
- 1 x CeramicSpeed OSPW derailleur pulley system for Shimano R9100
- 1 x CeramicSpeed oil
- 1 x sticker sheet
- 100 day return period
- Online since 1998
- Trusted Shop 4.89 / 5.00