- 100 day return period
- Online since 1998
- Trusted Shop 4.84 / 5.00
Width: 12 mm
Length: 2000 mm
Pitch: 8 mm
Material: polyurethane, carbon, nylon
- CDX Tandem sprockets only
- CDX: high-end variant for high loads & best performance
- suitable for mud, sand, snow & ice, all street types
- CenterTrack design, high mileage
- advanced polyurethane chemistry enables resistance to weather, oxidation, and wear
- patented carbon tensile cords provide the belt's incredible core strength
- bicycle-optimized tooth profile
- ribbed back belt
- nylon tooth facing with colored jacket
Gates Carbon Drive System
The technology behind Gates Carbon Drive System is rooted in high horsepower motorcycles and dragsters. Now, this high performance technology has been perfected for a wide variety of bicycles. At the core of the drive is the Carbon Drive belt. Custom made, this carbon-fiber belt is a strong and efficient replacement to a traditional bike chain. The drive is completed with the innovative sprocket designs and your choice of internally-geared or single-speed hub. The patented Gates Carbon Drive System gives you a longer-lasting, lower-maintenance drive, and most importantly, an unbelievably awesome ride.
CLEAN - LOW MAINTENANCE: No lube required = no grease stains. It sheds dirt and grime and cleaning with water is easy. Just get on it and ride.
QUIET: No chain = no chain clatter. It's spooky quiet.
LIGHT: Gates Carbon Drive weighs less than a chain drive. Lighter weight means
STRONG: The instant engagement and smooth feel is unlike anything you've
experienced before. You've got to ride it to believe it.
Proper belt tension is essential for optimum operation of the Gates Carbon Drive System. Common types of tensioning systems include sliding or pivoting dropouts and eccentric bottom brackets.
There are several common methods for measuring tension on your Carbon Drive system: the
Gates Krikit Gauge (North America only), the Eco Tension Tester, the Spring Tension Tester and the Gates Carbon Drive Mobile Apps.
Gates Carbon Drive Tension Recommendations are as follows:
- Mountain and Urban - smooth and steady pedaling style: 40-60 Hz (35-45 lbs)
- Mountain and Urban -punchy and rough pedaling style: 60-75 Hz (45-53 lbs)
- Internally Geared Hub: 35-50 Hz (28-40 lbs)
- Tandem: 60-65 Hz (45-48 lbs)
- Shimano STEPS: 35-45 Hz (28-35 lbs)
Manufacturer Part Number:
- 1 x Gates CDX Tandem belt