- 100 day return period
- Online since 1998
- Trusted Shop 4.91 / 5.00
The Shimano shifter cable set OT-SP41/OT-RS900 for Dura-Ace - special cable housing and coated cables
The Shimano shift cable set OT-SP41/OT-RS900 Polymer is suitable for Dura-Ace R9100 and Ultegra R8000, among others, because here the rear derailleurs have to be mounted on the bike with the special OT-RS900 cable housing. The standard OT-SP41 cable housing cannot be used as it is too stiff for the small radius required. Also included in the set are shift cables with a polymer coating that looks like tubes wrapped around the cable under a microscope. This reduces the surface area that rubs against the liner and improves grease retention. This results in lower shifting forces and faster gear changes.
Cable Diameter: 1.2 mm
Cable Length: 1800 mm, 2100 mm
Cable Housing Diameter: 4 mm
Cable Housing Length: 1700 mm (OT-SP41), 240 mm (OT-RS900)
Shifter Cable Material: stainless steel
Cable Coating: polymer
- polymer-coated cables reduce friction and ensure smooth and fast operation
- cables have a round cross-section which reduces friction
- stainless steel cable is corrosion resistant (anticorrosive (SUS))
- SIS-SP41 housing is pre-lubricated with special silicone grease to ensure smooth shifting
- dirt-repellent: sealed housing end caps minimise the penetration of dirt
- set especially recommended for Dura-Ace and Ultegra due to the polymer cables, but also compatible with the other rear derailleurs listed above
- performance indicator: ultimate (level 3 out of 3)
Modern Shimano 11-speed road rear derailleurs, such as Dura-Ace RD-R9100, Ultegra RD-R8000 and 105 RD-R7000, must be mounted on the bike with the special OT-RS900 housing. The radius of the curved cable that is routed from the frame to the rear derailleur is smaller here compared to the radii created with other rear derailleurs. The frequently used OT-SP41 housing is too stiff for such a small radius, so that technical problems can be caused in the tension adjust bolt and speedy installation and removal of the rear wheel can be hindered.
By using the OT-RS900, such problems can be prevented as the OT-RS900 has a lower stiffness. The OT-RS900 should only be used on the rear derailleur side and not on the shift/brake lever side.
Manufacturer's Note: The length of the OT-RS900 should be adjusted accordingly depending on the bicycle frame dimensions. This is necessary for optimal performance. The OT-RS900 should be cut from the correct side when adjusting the length. One of the two ends is flame-treated. This flame-treated end is inserted into the adjust bolt of the derailleur/shift mechanism and should therefore remain there.
hi-tech grey: Y-0BM98040
- 1 x Shimano OT-RS900 shifter cable housing
- 1 x Shimano OT-SP41 shifter cable housing
- 1 x Shimano 1800 mm shifter cable
- 1 x Shimano 2100 mm shifter cable
- 2 x Shimano short pointed end caps for ST-R9100/R9120
- 3 x Shimano long pointed end caps
- 1 x end caps, sealed, for rear derailleur
- 2 x cable ferrules
- 1 x rear derailleur cap
- 1 x front derailleur cable housing end cap for full length cable housing