- 100 day return period
- Online since 1998
- Trusted Shop 4.9 / 5.00
The Shimano shifter cable set OT-SP41/OT-RS900 for Dura Ace - special cable housing and coated cables
The Shimano OT-SP41/OT-RS900 Polymer shifter cable set is suitable for Dura Ace R9100 and Ultegra R8000, among others, because the rear derailleurs with the special OT-RS900 cable housing have to be mounted on the bicycle. The standard OT-SP41 cable housing cannot be used as it is too rigid for the required small radius. The set also includes shifter cables with a polymer coating that looks like tubes wrapped around the cable under a microscope. This reduces the surface area that rubs against the liner and improves the grease retention. This results in lower shifting forces and faster shifts.
Cable Diameter: 1.2 mm
Cable Length: 1800 mm, 2100 mm
Cable Housing Diameter: 4 mm
Cable Housing Length: 1700 mm (OT-SP41), 240 mm (OT-RS900)
Shifter Cable Material: stainless steel
Cable Coating: polymer
- polymer-coated cables reduce friction and ensure smooth and fast operation
- cables have a round cross-section which reduces friction
- stainless steel cable is corrosion resistant (anticorrosive (SUS))
- SIS-SP41 housing is pre-lubricated with special silicone grease to ensure smooth shifting
- dirt-repellent: sealed housing end caps minimise the penetration of dirt
- set especially recommended for Dura Ace and Ultegra due to the polymer cables, but also compatible with the other rear derailleurs listed above
- performance indicator: ultimate (level 3 out of 3)
Modern Shimano 11-speed Road rear derailleurs, such as Dura Ace RD-R9100, Ultegra RD-R8000 and 105 RD-R7000, must be mounted on the bicycle with the special OT-RS900 cable housing. The radius of the curved cable that is routed from the frame to the rear derailleur is smaller here compared to the radii produced by other rear derailleurs. The frequently used OT-SP41 cable housing is too stiff for such a small radius, causing technical problems in the tension adjustment screw and hindering quick installation and removal of the rear wheel.
By using the OT-RS900 such problems can be prevented, because the OT-RS900 has a lower stiffness. The OT-RS900 should only be used on the rear derailleur side and not on the shift/brake lever side.
Note from the manufacturer: The length of the OT-RS900 should be adjusted according to the bicycle frame size. This is necessary for optimal performance. The OT-RS900 should be cut from the correct side when adjusting the length. One of the two ends is flame treated. This flame treated end is inserted into the adjustment screw of the front / rear derailleur and should therefore remain there.
Manufacturer Part Numbers:
hi-tech grey: Y-0BM98040
- 1 x Shimano OT-RS900 shifter cable housing
- 1 x Shimano OT-SP41 shifter cable housing
- 1 x Shimano 1800 mm shifter cable
- 1 x Shimano 2100 mm shifter cable
- 2 x Shimano short pointed end caps for ST-R9100/R9120
- 3 x Shimano long pointed end caps
- 1 x end caps, sealed, for rear derailleur
- 2 x cable ferrules
- 1 x rear derailleur cap
- 1 x front derailleur cable housing end cap for full length cable housing