- 100 day return period
- Online since 1998
- Trusted Shop 4.9 / 5.00
SLX BR-M7120 disc brake set by Shimano - stable brake control for Enduro riders
With the BR-M7120 Shimano offers for the first time an independent SLX brake set especially for the Trail and Enduro sector. The brake calipers have four pistons and feature a fast, simple connection system. The BL-M7100 brake levers have a new design that increases stiffness and provides more direct feedback and braking performance. Of course they are equipped with Shimano Servo Wave technology. With a shorter empty travel, more power is available without a long reaction time.
Series: SLX M7100
Application: All Mountain, Enduro, Trail
Type: hydraulic, 4 pistons
Actuation: mineral oil
Hose Length (Front/Rear): 1000 mm / 1700 mm
Technical Information - Caliper:
Caliper Mount: post mount
Pads: N03A resin with cooling fins
Caliper Material: aluminium
Hose Connection: banjo
Technical Information - Lever:
Lever Length: 2-finger
Adjustment Options: reach adjust (no tools required)
Mount: clamp (split), I-Spec EV
Design: right (side-specific), left (side-specific)
Brake Lever Material: aluminium
Brake Lever Housing Material: aluminium
Hose Connection: straight
- stable and versatile high-performance brake control (4 pistons)
- extremely powerful braking for more self-confidence and downhill control
- less brake disc noise and 10 % more braking power than M7000
- easy and quick installation
- direct braking power, promotes rider concentration and increases fun
- optimised lever axis position with additional contact point and revised ergonomics
- 10 % stiffer than M7000, even when hot
- faster braking with less empty pull
- flexible, action-optimised cockpit layout thanks to I-Spec EV
- ceramic piston
- IS mount with adapter possible
- recommended brake rotor: SM-RT70
- painted brake caliper, steel bolts (5 mm)
- funnel bleeding
- anodised brake lever, painted body, stainless steel clamp bolt
The Servo Wave brake lever takes up a lot of braking distance at the beginning of its movement so that the pads can be guided to the brake rotor with short lever travel. After the brake pads has been applied, the power transmission factor increases rapidly. The greater part of the lever travel is thus still available to increase the braking force and to modulated it more precisely.
With the I-Spec EV construction, the Shimano shifter can be mounted directly on the brake lever, so that a clamp is not required and the adjustment range can be significantly increased. 14 mm are available with I-Spec EV for longitudinal adjustment and 60° for rotational adjustment, allowing each rider to make a setup to suit their individual anatomy or preferences. I-Spec EV levers are not compatible with older I-Spec systems.
One-Way Bleeding is designed to quickly and easily prevent air from entering the hydraulic system. Shimano has optimised the brake fluid flow path throughout the system to prevent air bubbles from being trapped in the system.
One way oil routing plus a funnel tool with mineral oil provides an easy and clean bleeding system.
Fading of the brake during prolonged uninterrupted operation, e.g. downhill, impairs braking performance. Shimano has introduced brake rotors and pads with Ice-Tech technology to create a cooling technology for consistently high braking performance. The brake rotor has a three-layer stainless steel sandwich structure on the outside around an aluminium core. It radiates heat better and reduces surface temperature from 400° C to 300° C, for example. The brake pads also have optional cooling fins. The design of the rotor in combination with the cooling fins results in a longer service life of the pads, less braking noise, less fading and lower weight.
With the Shimano J-Kit disc brakes you can mount the brakes even faster. The olive is already inserted into the brake lever - so you simply have to cut the cable to length, insert the insert pin (preferably with tool TL-BH61) and tighten. This type of installation is particularly suitable for internally routed hoses.
Manufacturer Part Number:
I-M7120JLFXSA100 + I-M7120JRRXSA170
- 2 x Shimano SLX BR-M7120 + BL-M7100 disc brakes, front and rear
- 1 x Shimano SM-BH90-SBM brake hose, 1000 mm (front)
- 1 x Shimano SM-BH90-SBM brake hose, 1700 mm (rear)
- 2 pair of Shimano N03A brake pads
- 2 x insert
- 4 x caliper bolts
- 2 x bleed block
- 2 x snap ring
- not incl. rotor
- not incl. adapter
- mount ready, filled, bleeding is recommended
- TL-BH61 tool for insert installation