Shimano XT BL-M8100 brake lever - with additional contact point on the handlebars
The Shimano XT BL-M8100 brake lever is mounted at an angle to provide an additional contact point. This increases stiffness and provides more direct feedback. In addition, Shimano Servo Wave increases braking power: more performance is available with shorter empty travel. Of course, the BL-M8100 brake lever is compatible with the I-Spec EV system, so you can customise your cockpit in a tidy and individual way.
Guidelines for Replacing E-bike Components:Before you replace components on your e-bike, please read through the guidelines for component replacement for CE-marked e-bikes/pedelecs with pedal assistance.
- Deore XT M8100
- Enduro, All Mountain, Cross Country
- mineral oil
- SM-BH90-SBM (not included)
- Lever Length:
- Adjustment Options:
- reach adjust (no tools required), contact point
- clamp (split), I-Spec EV
- right (side-specific), left (side-specific)
- Brake Lever Material:
- Brake Lever Housing Material:
- Hose Connection:
- optimised lever axis position with additional contact point and revised ergonomics
- flexible, action-optimised cockpit layout thanks to I-Spec EV
- rotation adjustment angle for compatible shift lever: 20°
- 10 % stiffer than M8000, even when hot
- faster braking with less empty pull
- recommended brake caliper: BR-M8100, BR-M8110, BR-M8120
- funnel venting with M5 funnel (TL-BR003)
- anodised lever, painted body
- stainless steel clamp bolts
Shimano Servo Wave technology optimises the travel of your brake levers. During the braking process, the brake pads are guided quickly to the brake rotor with very short lever travel. The greater part of the lever travel is reserved for the actual braking force. In this way, you can apply your braking power in a more targeted manner and use it more effectively.
I-Spec EV describes a variant of the connection between brake lever and shift lever on Shimano MTB derailleurs. This type of mounting allows the shifter to be adjusted both horizontally and vertically in relation to the brake lever, and ensures a tidy cockpit by reducing the number of clamps required. Compared to I-Spec and I-Spec II, I-Spec EV offers a much wider adjustment range. 14 mm adjustment range the longitudinal direction and up to 60° rotation allow an optimal ergonomic adjustment to your riding style, your sitting position and your anatomy.
- 1 x Shimano XT BL-M8100 brake lever, left or right
- 1 x brake cable cover for brake lever
- connection set for brake hose
- 100 day return period
- Online since 1998
- Trusted Shop 4.89 / 5.00