- 100 day return period
- Online since 1998
- Trusted Shop 4.89 / 5.00
The workhorse among headsets: the 40-series ZS49/30 Headset Bottom Assembly by Cane Creek
This series from Cane Creek includes all the necessary features to produce a durable and hard-wearing headset. Cane Creek's 40-series headsets strike the perfect balance between performance, durability and price.
Designed for 1.5" lower head tubes combined with standard 1 1/8" forks.
- Bottom Cup:
- 1.5" dimension
- Steerer Tube:
- 1 1/8"
- zero stack (ZS)
- MTB, Road
- angular cartridge
- Bearing Seat:
- 45° x 36°
- Bottom Cup Press Diameter:
- 49 mm
Standardized Headset Identification System (S.H.I.S.):In order to clarify and bring uniformity to a sea of headset standards, manufacturers Acros, Cane Creek, Hope, Race Face, Reset Racing and Ritchey have agreed upon using a shared nomenclature, which will likely include more participating companies in the future. This system takes into account a combination of frame and fork dimensions. Both the top and bottom parts of the headset are marked by two alphanumeric identifiers. The first identifier indicates the type of headset (External Cup, Zero Stack, Integrated) and head tube diameter. The second identifier - separated from the first by a backslash - indicates the diameter of the steerer tube. When referring to a complete headset, the specifications of both top and bottom parts must be combined.
- Bearings contained within headset cups that are located outside of the frame (External Cup)
- Bearings contained within pressed-in headset cups where the cup and bearings rest inside the frame (Zero Stack)
- Bearings that fit directly into a bonded or machined interface that is integrated into the frame (Integrated)
- Design: zero stack (ZS)
- Application: bottom
- Steerer Tube Crown Race: 30 mm
- Head Tube (Frame Inner Diameter): 49 mm
- Stack Height: 4 mm
- 1 x Cane Creek lower headset cup incl. steel bearings
- 1 x Cane Creek crown race
- black/ZS49/30: 58 g