- 100 day return period
- Online since 1998
- Trusted Shop 4.89 / 5.00
Perfect for Triathlon and Time Trials: the Red 1 AXS Aero power meter crankset by QUARQ
The QUARQ Red 1 AXS Aero power meter crankset meets the needs of triathletes and time trial riders with its simplicity, strength and durability. Thanks to Direct Mount Aero chainrings with integrated power measurement, the aerodynamics of the crank have been improved, while the narrower gear ratio is perfect for racing and flatter terrain. In some disciplines, 1x drivetrains are simply unbeatable.
Information regarding the return of batteries and electrical equipment:Information on the return and disposal of used batteries and electrical equipment can be found here.
- Triathlon & Time Trial, Road
- power meter crankset (dual-sided)
- Chainring Mount:
- SRAM Direct Mount
- SRAM Red AXS
- Crank Arm Material:
- Chainring Material:
- 48 tooth, 50 tooth
- Crank Arm Length:
- 170.0 mm, 172.5 mm, 175.0 mm
- 45 mm
- Axle Diameter:
- 28.99 mm
- Recommended Bottom Bracket:
- SRAM Road DUB
- +/- 1.5%
- Point of Measurement:
- Power Source:
- CR2032 lithium battery
- Data Collected:
- power (dual-sided), cadence, torque, pedal stroke uniformity
- Data Transfer:
- ANT+, Bluetooth
- 1x drivetrain for simplified functionality
- fully integrated power measurement in Direct Mount Aero chainring
- chainrings easily exchangeable without recalibration
- performance measurement is not affected by temperature fluctuations
- separate power measurements for the left and right leg
- SRAM X-Sync™ Wide-Narrow chainring technology for maximum chain control
- durable laser finish of the chainring
- durable and simple DUB bottom bracket standard
- non-aero chainrings can be mounted with a single tool
Technology:QUARQ Operating Principle
The crankset forms the heart of your bike. Their only task is to convert the force of both legs into forward motion - the perfect place to measure performance.
Power meters calculate power by measuring torque (pedal force) and angular velocity (cadence). Power = torque x cadence. When you pedal, all parts of the bicycle drivetrain shift (bend) slightly under the load. Power meters are designed using FE analysis so that these displacements take place in a very controlled manner and at specific locations in relation to the applied load. Strain gauges are used to measure this displacement and thus calculate the applied torque. Reed switches are used to calculate the cadence.
DZero is QUARQ's next generation power meter, named after the DZero Experiment, one of the most accurate and innovative scientific projects to discover subatomic particles. With a revised measurement loop, an optimised strain gauge design, increased accuracy and modern software, DZero represents the " state of the art" for power meter technology. You can choose between Bluetooth LE and ANT+ technology for data transfer.
AXS is SRAM's electronic integration platform that combines electronic bicycle components and software. The SRAM AXS app allows you to view battery status, change component behaviour, adjust controls, receive maintenance reminders and update firmware.
X-Sync 1x chainrings by SRAM provide the highest performance and durability. The long SRAM X-Sync tooth edges grip the chain earlier than traditional triangular teeth. The sharp and narrow tooth profile and the rounded bevelled edges support the chain guide. To provide the best possible performance on muddy terrain, the X-Sync chainrings have recesses for removing dirt and mud for the inner chain links and rollers.
- 170.0 mm 48 tooth:
- 172.5 mm 48 tooth:
- 175.0 mm 48 tooth:
- 170.0 mm 50 tooth:
- 172.5 mm 50 tooth:
- 175.0 mm 50 tooth:
- 1 x QUARQ Red 1 AXS Aero power meter crankset (48 tooth or 50-tooth)
- 1 x battery