- 100 day return period
- Online since 1998
- Trusted Shop 4.86 / 5.00
Shimano 9-speed cassette CS-HG400-9 - available in five gradations
The Shimano CS-HG400-9 is an Alivio-level 9-speed cassette available in five different gradations. It has been designed for use in MTB and City & Touring and, thanks to Hyperglide (HG) technology, is fully convincing in terms of shifting function. In addition, the Mega 9 Lite technology, which stands for narrow gear gradation even with a large overall gear ratio range, is used.
Application: Cross Country, City & Touring
Gradation: 11-28, 11-32, 11-34, 11-36, 12-36
Sprocket Material: steel
Freehub Body Compatibility: Shimano MTB
Note: compatible with Shimano Road 11-speed with a 1.85 mm spacer
Recommended Chain: HG 9-speed (e.g. CN-HG53)
- HG cassette at Alivio level with nickel-plated steel sprockets
- weight-saving design
- quick assembly
- graduations suitable for 26" /27.5" /29"
- nickel-plated lockring
- 11-28 not compatible with RD-M4000, 12-36 not compatible with RD-T4000
Mega 9 Lite
The larger the wheel the more range needed in the cassette to maintain light pedalling. Gear combinations specialized for each tire size reduces the number of recovery rear shifts needed with front close gear ratio. The Mega 9 Lite sprocket allows a narrow gradation of gears, also with a large overall shifting range.
In combination with Hyperglide (HG) chains, HG sprockets ensure fast and responsive indexed shifting. HG sprockets have specially positioned shift ramps and tooth profiles that improve chain control during shifting. Fast, fluid and silent shifting is the result. Conventional sprockets cause the chain to ride up and over the gear teeth before engaging the sprocket. HG sprockets guide the chain quickly and directly to the next sprocket without override.
- Gradation: 11-12-13-14-16-18-21-24-28 t
- Manufacturer Part Number: I-CSHG4009128
- Gradation: 11-12-14-16-18-21-24-28-32 t
- Manufacturer Part Number: I-CSHG4009132
- Gradation: 11-13-15-17-20-23-26-30-34 t
- Manufacturer Part Number: I-CSHG4009134
- Gradation: 11-13-15-17-20-23-26-30-36 t
- Manufacturer Part Number: I-CSHG4009136
- Gradation: 12-14-16-18-21-24-28-32-36 t
- Manufacturer Part Number: I-CSHG4009236
- 1 x Shimano CS-HG400-9 cassette
- 1 x Shimano steel lockring