- 100 day return period
- Online since 1998
- Trusted Shop 4.89 / 5.00
The SL-RS700 shifters by Shimano - for road bikes with flat handlebars
The Shimano SL-RS700 shifter set is intended for use on road or city bikes with straight handlebars. It consists of a 2x-speed shifter for the left and an 11-speed shifter for the right. The body was made of aluminium, and carbon was additionally used for the levers.
SL-RS700 shifters are equipped with Rapidfire Plus MTB technology, which enables multiple gears to be shifted back simultaneously. They are also equipped with 2-Way Release function, which allows the release lever to be operated by pulling it with the index finger or pushing with the thumb. Also worth noting is Instant Release for super-fast shifting operations, as well as Multi Release for the 11-speed version. In the latter version, one gear can be shifted by pulling and two gears by pressing. Stainless steel cables with wear-reducing SIL-TEC coating and cable housings are supplied.
- Road, City
- 2-speed, 11-speed
- clamp (closed)
- Rapidfire Plus
- Body Material:
- Lever Material:
- carbon (CFRP, main lever), composite material (GFRP) / steel (release lever)
- stainless steel, SIL-TEC coated
- Cable Housing:
- cable adjust
- Handlebar Type:
- straight / flat
- Front Derailleur:
- FD-R9100, FD-R8000, FD-5801, FD-R7000, FD-9000, FD-6800, FD-5800, FD-U5000, FD-RX810
- FC-R9100, FC-R8000, FC-R7000, FC-RS510, FC-9000, FC-6800, FC-5800, FC-RS500, FC-U5000-2, FC-RX810-2, FC-RX600-11
- Rear Derailleur:
- RD-R9100, RD-R8000, RD-RX800, RD-9000, RD-6800, RD-5800, RD-R7000, RD-U5000, RD-RX810
- CS-R9100, CS-9000, CS-6800, CS-5800, CS-R8000, CS-HG800-11, CS-R7000, CS-HG700-11
- CN-9000, CN-6800, CN-HG901-11, CN-HG701-11, CN-HG601-11, CN-LG500, CN-M9100, CN-M8100, CN-M7100, CN-M6100
- Clamp Diameter:
- 22.2 mm
- Handlebar Grip Outer Diameter:
- max. 32 mm
- max. number of gears per shift: 4 (main lever, rear)
- for fitness bikes and road bikes with flat/straight handlebars
- ergonomic lever design, improved accessibility
- fast, simple and versatile functionality
- 2x bearings
- painted body and main lever
Rapidfire Plus is a type of Shimano shift lever construction that has been common in the mountain bike sector since 1985. Two levers, the main lever and the release lever, are used instead of a twist shifter. Rapidfire Plus shift levers, as the name suggests, ensure fast shifting. In addition, depending on the model, it is possible to downshift up to three gears with one shift stroke.
With 2-Way-Release, the shifter can be pressed and pulled to shift to the smaller sprocket or chainring. This allows you to adjust the shifting process to your personal preferences. Most Rapidfire Plus shifters are equipped with 2-Way Release.
With Instant Release, the spring and thus the cable are released immediately when the lever is actuated, which ensures an enormously fast shifting process. The delay caused by a two-step shifting process with click and release is eliminated, so that the gear change is considerably accelerated and improved.
With the Multi Release, which only affects the right-hand shift lever, two gears can be shifted with one actuation of the release lever without loss of shifting speed. This is independent of whether you use a Top-Normal or a Low-Normal rear derailleur.
SIL-TEC is a fluorine particle-based surface coating from Shimano. It results in smoother, lower friction operation and less contamination. This makes maintenance easier, reduces wear and extends the service life of SIL-TEC components.
- 1 x pair Shimano SL-RS700 shifters
- 1 x Shimano cable, 1800 mm
- 1 x Shimano cable, 2050 mm
- 3 x Shimano SP41 cable housings
- black/2x11 speed: 210 g (Paar)