- 100 day return period
- Online since 1998
- Trusted Shop 4.84 / 5.00
The XT SL-M8000 shifter by Shimano - improved ergonomics, lower operating forces
The Shimano XT SL-M8000 shifter is attached to the handlebars with a clamp and has ergonomic, differently structured levers. Compared to its predecessor model, the Vivid Index mechanism, which has always been known for its robust shifting operations, has been further optimised. The left XT shifter can be used for 2x11-speed as well as for 3x11-speed drivetrains without a mode converter. The model comes with an Optislick cable, which reduces the effort required to shift gears by 20 %.
Thanks to Rapidfire Plus technology, the shifter can shift down several gears at once and features the 2-Way Release function, which allows the shifter cable to be released by pulling with the index finger as well as pressing with the thumb. Of course, Instant Release for accelerated gear changes and - in the 11-speed version - Multi Release for the fastest possible shifting in both directions are also on board.
SL-M8000 comes with a detachable gear indicator and a cover that can be mounted in place of the indicator.
Series: Deore XT M8000
Application: Cross Country, All Mountain
Gearing: 2/3x, 11-speed
Mount: clamp (closed)
Type: Rapidfire Plus
Body Material: aluminium
Lever Material: aluminium (main lever), composite (GFRP)/ steel (release lever)
Cable: stainless steel (Optislick)
Cable Housing: OT-SP41
Gear Indicator: yes
- cable adjust
- removable optical gear indicator (replace with enclosed cover if necessary)
- max. number of gears per shift: 4 (main lever, rear)
- ergonomic design for long untroubled riding pleasure
- 20 % easier rear shifting
- new shifter cable with new, ultra-friction-free coating technology
- longer lever body: uniformly stable shifting operations
- non-slip main lever - thumb operation
- wider operating surface of the release lever - thumb operation
- improved Vivid Index mechanism (compared to SL-M780)
- 2x sealed
- compatible with MTB 11-speed rear derailleurs
- painted body and main lever
- stainless steel clamp bolts
- for handlebar grip diameter up to a maximum of 32 mm with a clamp diameter of 22.2 mm (MTB)
The real advantage of the 11-speed drivetrain is that the entire range of ratios is available without having to give up the usual rhythm. Dyna-Sys11 ensures an optimal rhythm both in the flats and in the ascents with " Rhythm Step" gears in the most frequently used range. Drive efficiency is a critical performance indicator for the drivetrain. Dyna-Sys11 means more speed with the same effort.
Rapidfire Plus has been used by mountain bikers since 1985. Rapidfire Plus is still the first choice for a wide range of rider groups, from Cross Country racers to freeriders and downhillers. Rapidfire Plus is suitable for fast shifting. The rider can shift down up to three gears with one shift stroke.
All newer Rapidfire Plus shift levers are equipped with 2-way release (release in two directions). This means that the shift cable is released by pulling with the index finger or pressing with the thumb.
The instant release shifting process replaces the two-stage click and release process. With Instant Release, the cable is released as soon as the lever is operated, thus achieving the fastest possible gear change. Regardless of whether a gear change upwards with a top-normal rear derailleur or a gear change downwards with a low-normal rear derailleur - a faster shift is always a better shift.
Multi Release (only for 11-speed; pull: one step, push: two steps)
With earlier shift systems, gear changes in one direction were faster than in the other. The choice of top-normal or low-normal always meant sacrificing shifting speed in one direction in favour of the other. With Multi Release, two gear changes can now be changed with one lever operation. The result: The fastest possible gear change in both directions, regardless of the type of rear derailleur used.
Optislick cables feature a minimal and uniform electrically coated layer that improves cable routing efficiency and provides excellent corrosion resistance.
Manufacturer Part Number: I-SLM8000LBP2
Manufacturer Part Number: I-SLM8000RAP2
- 1 x Shimano XT SL-M8000 shifter
- 1 x Shimano gear indicators
- 1 x Shimano cable (1800 mm or 2050 mm)
- 1 x Shimano cable housing (1320 mm or 1880 mm)
- 1 x gear indicator cover
- 2 x or - 3 x Shimano 6 mm sealed end caps
- 1 x Shimano long nose end cap (only for 11-speed)
- black/2/3 speed: 117 g
- black/11-speed: 127 g