- 100 day return period
- Online since 1998
- Trusted Shop 0 / 5.00
The XT SL-M8000 shifter by Shimano - improved ergonomics, lower operating forces
The Shimano XT SL-M8000 shifter is attached to the handlebar with a clamp and has ergonomic, differently structured levers. Compared to its predecessor model, the Vivid Index mechanism, which has always been known for its powerful gearshifts, has been further optimised. The left XT shifter can be used for 2x11-speed or 3x11-speed drivetrains without a mode converter. The model comes with an Optislick cable, which reduces the effort required for shifting by 20%.
Thanks to Rapidfire Plus technology, the shift lever can shift down several gears at a time and features the 2-Way Release function, which enables the shift cable to be released both by pulling with the index finger and by pressing with the thumb. Of course there are also Instant Releases for accelerated gear changes and - with the 11-speed version - Multi Releases for the fastest possible shifting in both directions.
SL-M8000 comes with a detachable gear indicator and a cover that can be mounted in place of the indicator.
Series: Deore XT M8000
Application: Cross Country, All Mountain
Gearing: 2/3x, 11-speed
Mount: clamp (closed)
Type: Rapidfire Plus
Body Material: aluminium
Lever Material: aluminium (main lever), composite (GFRP)/ steel (release lever)
Cable: stainless steel (Optislick)
Cable Housing: OT-SP41
Gear Indicator: yes
- cable adjust
- removable optical gear indicator (replace with enclosed cover if necessary)
- max. number of gears per shift: 4 (main lever, rear)
- ergonomic design for long untroubled riding pleasure
- 20 % easier rear shifting
- new shifter cable with new, ultra-friction-free coating technology
- longer lever body: uniformly stable shifting operations
- non-slip main lever - thumb operation
- wider operating surface of the release lever - thumb operation
- improved Vivid Index mechanism (compared to SL-M780)
- 2x sealed
- compatible with MTB 11-speed rear derailleurs
- painted body and main lever
- stainless steel clamp bolts
- for grip diameters up to max. 32 mm
The real advantage of 11-speed is the ability to have all the range you require without sacrificing the rhythm you need. Dyna-Sys11 maximizes rhythm while driving and climbing with â€œrhythm stepâ€ gears in the most frequently used range. Driving efficiency is a key drivetrain performance indicator. Dyna-Sys11 means more speed for the same effort.
Rapidfire Plus has been used by mountain bikers since 1985. Rapidfire Plus is still the first choice for a wide range of riding groups, from Cross Country racers to freeriders and downhillers. Rapidfire Plus is suitable for fast shifting. The rider can shift down up to three gears with one shift stroke.
All newer Rapidfire Plus shifters are equipped with 2-way release (release in two directions). This means that the shifter cable is released by pulling with the index finger or pressing with the thumb.
Instant Release shifting replaces the two-stage click and release shifting you are familiar with. Instant Release shifting releases cable as soon the lever is activated, resulting in the quickest possible gear changes. Whether it is an upshift with a top normal rear derailleur or a downshift with low normal rear derailleur a quicker shift is always a better shift.
Multi Release (only for 11-speed; pull: one step, push: two steps)
Previous shifting systems shifted faster in one direction than the other. Choosing top normal or low normal always meant sacrificing shifting speed in one direction. Now with Multi Release you can release shift two gears in one stroke. The result - the fastest possible shifting in both directions regardless of rear derailleur choice.
Optislick cables feature a minimal and uniform electrically coated layer that improves cable routing efficiency and provides excellent corrosion resistance.
Factory Number: I-SLM8000LBP2
Factory Number: I-SLM8000RAP2
- 1 x Shimano XT SL-M8000 shifter
- 1 x Shimano gear indicators
- 1 x Shimano cable (1800Â mm or 2050Â mm)
- 1 x Shimano cable housing (1320Â mm or 1880Â mm)
- 1 x Gear Indicator covers
- 2 x or - 3 x Shimano 6 mm sealed end caps
- 1 x Shimano long nose end cap (only for 11-speed)
-black / 11-speed : 127 g
-black / 2/3 speed : 117 g