- 100 day return period
- Online since 1998
- Trusted Shop 4.89 / 5.00
The VAUDE Taurus SUL Tent - For solo bikepackers
The Taurus SUL is a lightweight tent that offers space for one person. It is kept on the minimalist side with an entrance that doubles as a vestibule for storing luggage. For this reason, it is designed to be extremely durable. The outer tent is triple-coated with silicone on both sides so water simply beads up and rolls off on the outside, and the taped seams also contribute to its 100% waterproof qualities. Simply hang up the inner tent, which keeps the interior dry even when it rains. The pole pockets allow you to pitch the Taurus all by yourself. This is especially practical if you are travelling alone and no one can help you set up the tent. In addition to the ventilation hood on the outer tent, the inner tent is also equipped with ventilation options in the form of mosquito-proof mesh material. Fine mesh allows water vapour to escape and prevents condensation from dripping down from the tent wall.
- City & Touring
- Number of Persons:
- Number of Entrances:
- Number of Vestibules:
- Water Column Outside:
- 3000 mm
- Water Column Floor:
- 3000 mm
- Interior Dimensions (LxWxH):
- 210 cm x 70/90 cm x 95 cm
- External Dimensions (LxWxH):
- 260 cm x 70/90 cm x 105 cm
- Packed Size:
- 36 cm x 15 cm
- NFL featherlight, 8.7 mm
- Outer Tent:
- 100 % polyamide (20D ripstop silicone coating on both sides)
- Inner Tent:
- 100 % polyamide (15D 380T micro ripstop)
- 100 % polyamide (30D ripstop PU coated)
- ultra-light 1-person dome tent made of outer and inner tent for spring to autumn weather
- 1 entrance at the wider end
- 1 vestibule for protected luggage storage
- pole pockets for easy set-up and pitching
- suspendable inner tent for rainproof pitching
- Inner Tent Mapping provides pleasant climate inside the tent
- mosquito-proof mesh in the inner tent
- adjustable floor ventilation on the sides
- waterproof & taped zippers
- storm line winder: guy line collector and clamp in one
- climate-neutral product
Technology:Both Sides Siliconized
The nylon fabric is triple coated with silicone on both sides. It reflects UV and improves tear resistance, increasing durability. Raindrops bead up and roll off the coating. The coating also allows the overall weight to remain low.
VAUDE products with Eco Finish are environmentally friendly, water-repellent and are manufactured without fluorocarbons (PFC). PFCs belong to a group of chemical compounds that are used in many outdoor products to waterproof the outer fabric. As they are not degradable, accumulate in the body and are suspected of being harmful to health, VAUDE has decided not to use PFCs at all.
The poles are slid into a pocket when pitching, which enables a stable set-up from the insertion side.
Inner Tent Mapping
The inner tent consists of three different materials to ensure a pleasant indoor climate. Ventilation is controlled by a coverable mosquito net. A fine mesh allows water vapour to escape and prevents condensation from dripping into the interior. Ripstop material achieves a high textile tension so that space is optimally utilised.
Silicone Seam Seal
The seams are fitted with silicone tape, making the tent 100 percent waterproof. This eliminates the need to hand-seal seams before embarking on a tour.
- 1 x VAUDE Taurus SUL Tent
- cress green/1 person: 1250 g