Wolf Tooth Components Direct Mount Chainring for Race Face Cinch
With the advantages of Drop-Stop: the Race Face chainrings by Wolf Tooth Components
These chainrings are compatible with Race Face Cinch cranks such as Turbine, Next SL, Sixc and Aeffect. They come with the unique Drop-Stop® design, which stands for durability, safe chain guidance and dirt-repellent properties.
- Cross Country, All Mountain
- Cinch Direct Mount
- 26 T, 28 T, 30 T, 32 T, 34 T, 36 T
- 1x9-speed, 1x10-speed, 1x11-speed, 1x12-speed
- 6 mm
- 49 mm (26 - 34 t), 51 mm (36 t)
- aluminium (7075-T6)
- all Race Face Cinch cranks
- all 9-, 10- and 11-speed chains
- SRAM Eagle, KMC, Connex and Wippermann 12-speed chains
- 10-speed chain recommended for 9-speed drivetrains
- Wolf Tooth Wide-Narrow design
- Standard offset for 142 mm installation width, 36 t with additional chainstay clearance
- Made in the USA
- Note from the manufacturer:
- Use of a damped rear derailleur recommended. For very muddy conditions a chain guide in combination with clutch rear derailleur is recommended.
Wolf Tooth has invested countless hours in the design, prototyping and testing of their Wide-Narrow chainrings and has developed a highly innovative tooth profile. Test riders around the world have confirmed that this design brings unparalleled performance.
The right side of the chainring tooth has a different shape than the left side. The right side transmits the power to the chain and the left side opens a free space for cleaning mud and dirt. Since the two sides have completely different functions, it makes sense to design them differently, true to the motto: extra reinforcement where you need it, less material where you don't.
The right side of the Drop-Stop tooth is as wide as possible to distribute the load over a larger area, which also minimises wear. The left side of the Drop-Stop tooth helps to guide the chain, but it does not transmit any load. Therefore the left side is narrower than the chain roller. Wear is not an issue on this side, so Wolf Tooth was able to save material and create a better mud clearance channel. More free space means less friction and less change of the chain being dropped due to mud.
In the A version, the original version of Drop-Stop, the profile is optimized for use on mountain bikes. The wide teeth are slightly wider than Drop-Stop B. The outer sides of the narrow and wide teeth guide the chain.
- 26 tooth:
- 28 tooth:
- 30 tooth:
- 32 tooth:
- 34 tooth:
- 36 tooth:
- 1 x Wolf Tooth Components Direct Mount Race Face Cinch chainring
- black/26 tooth: 48 g
- black/28 tooth: 54 g
- black/30 tooth: 58 g
- black/32 tooth: 63 g
- black/34 tooth: 69 g
- black/36 tooth: 75 g
- 100 day return period
- Online since 1998
- Trusted Shop 4.89 / 5.00