- 100 day return period
- Online since 1998
- Trusted Shop 4.87 / 5.00
absoluteBLACK Shimano XT M8000 oval chainring - also compatible with M7000
The oval absoluteBLACK chainring for Shimano XT M8000 is a narrow-width chainring for Shimano XT M8000 and SLX M7000 single and double cranks with a bolt circle diameter of 96 mm. It can also be used for Deore M6000 and the groupless MT700 cranks. It is compatible with both Boost and non-Boost bikes, as the specific offset is generated by the crank spider, not the chainring. Oval chainrings help to make pedalling more even and less stressful. At the same time they increase traction on the rear wheel.
Application: Cross Country, All Mountain, Enduro
Mount: 96 mm pitch circle, 4-arm asymmetrical
Teeth: 30 t, 32 t, 34 t, 36 t
Gearing: 1x9-speed, 1x10-speed, 1x11-speed, 1x12-speed
Type: oval 10.2 - 14.4 %
Chainline: 49 mm
Material: aluminium (7075)
- Shimano XT M8000, SLX M7000, MT700, Deore M6000 1x and 2x cranks (Boost and non-Boost)
- use 10-speed, 11-speed or Eagle 12-speed chains, 6-speed to 8-speed (or 1/8" ) with singlespeed
- developed using 3D CAD software, CNC-manufactured, anodised
- durable construction, dirt-repellent, low-noise
- excellent weight to stiffness ratio
- improved uphill traction and performance
- special narrow-wide-design (patent pending)
- outstanding quality and appearance
- faster riding with reduced knee load
- perfect chainline (with incl. blots)
- ovality and timing (110.5-116.3°) matched to chainring size (TDC technology, Top Dead Center)
- no chain guide required
Oval chainrings follow the natural physiology of humans. They maximise pedalling power the moment it is developed and minimise resistance when it is not. As a result, oval chainrings allow the rider to pedal more smoothly and stay loose on the climb.
In fact, your pedal stroke will feel " rounder" with an oval chainring than with a round chainring.
Advantages of Oval Chainrings
Compared to round chainrings, oval chainrings address more muscle groups - but each of them to a lesser degree. The total load of pedalling is therefore distributed over a larger muscle mass and the knees are less strained.
This has three advantages: 1. The legs remain fresher and more relaxed. 2. You can go uphill faster. 3. Spreading the load over more muscles reduces the susceptibility to cramps, even with great effort. Ultimately this will increase your riding pleasure. For MTB applications, the rear wheel traction is increased on loose and slippery surfaces, allowing you to make better progress on demanding terrain.
Manufacturer Part Numbers:
30 tooth: OV96XT8000/30
32 tooth: OV96XT8000/32
34 tooth: OV96XT8000/34
36 tooth: OV96XT8000/36
- 1 x absoluteBLACK Shimano XT M8000 oval chainring
- 4 x chainring bolts
- black/30 tooth: 38 g
- black/32 tooth: 44 g
- black/34 tooth: 57 g
- black/36 tooth: 63 g