- 100 day return period
- Online since 1998
- Trusted Shop 4.89 / 5.00
The Edge 1040 GPS Bike Computer with Navigation System by Garmin with precision tracking and a powerful battery
The Garmin Edge 1040 GPS bike computer with navigation system and reliable multi-frequency reception offers a long battery life as well as comprehensive navigation and training functions. The Edge 1040 can be paired with and set up by smartphones. The optimised user interface allows you to see overviews of your data by simply swiping, which helps you to keep track of all your stats.
Information regarding the return of batteries and electrical equipment:Information on the return and disposal of used batteries and electrical equipment can be found here.
- pre-installed Garmin bike map, additional maps can be added
- map-based route navigation
- touch screen
- GPS, Speed Sensor (sold separately)
- Heart Rate:
- Heat Rate Monitor (sold separately)
- Cadence Sensor (sold separately)
- Power Meter Compatibility:
- Sensor Connectivity:
- Bluetooth, ANT+
- Data Transfer:
- USB, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi
- 59.3 x 117.6 x 20.0 mm
- Display Size:
- Display Resolution (W x H):
- 282 x 470 pixels
- Power Supply:
- lithium-ion battery
- Battery Life:
- up to 35 hours in GPS mode, up to 70 hours in energy-saving mode
- 32 GB
- yes (IPX7)
- Satellite Systems:
- GPS, GLONASS, Galileo
- display, acoustic
- accident notifications, smartphone notifications, weather information
- Apps and Software: Connect™; Connect IQ™; Strava; Komoot; TrainingPeaks; TrainerRoad
- Sensors: Speed/cadence sensor; Premium HRM Dual heart rate chest strap; HRM-Pro heart rate chest strap; compatible third-party power meters
- Hardware: Charge Power Pack; Varia™ Radar; Tacx Neo 2T Smart Trainer; Rally™ power meter; Vector 3/3S power meter; electronic shifting systems; Shimano Di2 Synchro Shift; inReach®
Follow a route or navigate, discover POIs and recalculate the route if you have strayed from the path. The clear display of trails, turn-by-turn directions and tour-specific maps with possible highlighting of popular routes help you find your way. If you want to veer off your planned route to do some exploring, you can pause guidance and recalculation.
ClimbPro provides you with detailed information about upcoming climbs so that you can optimally manage your energy.
STAMINA Residual Energy
Keep track of available energy during activities in real time. Use it to avoid premature exhaustion and optimise your training. Optional sensors are required to use this function.
With the help of optional sensors, cycling ability and distance requirements functions help you to assess how much effort you should put in. The Power Guide helps you to develop the right strategy for the tour ahead of you and efficiently manage your energy.
When paired with compatible sensors, you can evaluate your fitness level and training progress, and also receive daily customised training suggestions. You can also save values such as VO2max, recovery time and training load, find out how well you acclimatise to altitude and heat and optimise your pedal stroke.
Sync your training plan from Garmin Connect or TrainingPeaks, get reminders for missed workouts or change your plan.
To ensure that you provide your body with sufficient energy, notifications remind you to eat and drink at the right times.
Save mountain bike-specific values such as airtime and jumping distance on your tours and evaluate your downhill riding style with MTB downhill analysis.
Use the pre-installed app with the worldwide MTB Trail database to find suitable trails.
Visit the Garmin online community to analyse, classify and share data and athletic achievements.
Keep an eye on others in your group and stay in touch with group messages.
Get smartphone notifications on your wrist and use Connect IQ™ to customise your Watch with apps and optimised data fields.
Safety & Security Functions
Automatic accident notifications and emergency call functions can be activated when the device is connected to your smartphone. These functions send real-time location and live tracking information to stored emergency contacts. If your bike is moved during a break, an alarm sends a notification to your smartphone. You can also pair the device with a Varia radar or inReach satellite communication device for even more security.
- precise recording thanks to multi-frequency reception of global satellite systems
- up to 35 hours battery life when paired with sensors and smartphone during navigation
- optimised user interface
- aerodynamic and durable design with metal bracket for the mount
- adjust device and data settings via app
- responsive touch display that is easy to read in all weather conditions
- synchronisation of routes and tracks with Strava or Komoot
- Trendline™ Popularity map for displaying popular routes
- extension of the functions with additional data fields from the Connect IQ Shop
- includes magnetometer and gyroscope
- status displays for e-bikes with Shimano STEPS motor
- Find my Edge for locating the device, e.g. after a fall
- 1 x Garmin Edge 1040 bike computer
- 2 x Garmin Standard mount
- 1 x Garmin Aero handlebar mount
- 4 x Garmin rubber pads for standard mount
- 8 x Garmin O-rings for standard mount
- 2 x Garmin rubber pads for handlebar mount
- 1 x Garmin strap
- 1 x Garmin charge/data cable
- 2 x hex key
Order Together:Optional Accessories:
- HRM-Pro Heart Rate Chest Strap
- Premium HRM Dual Heart Rate Chest Strap
- Speed & Cadence Sensor 2 Set
- Speed Sensor 2
- Cadence Sensor 2
- Charge Battery Pack
- Remote Control
- Mountain Bike Handlebar Mount
- black/universal: 126 g