Giro Ethos MIPS Shield LED Helmet
Information regarding the return of batteries and electrical equipment:Information on the return and disposal of used batteries and electrical equipment can be found here.
- Air Circulation Vents:
- In-Mold, EPS, MIPS
- Filter Category:
- CAT 0
- Closure System:
Safety Information:Not intended for direct viewing of the sun.
Specifications - Light:
- Helmet lamp (white, red)
- Light Source:
- 45 (white), 25 (red)
- Illumination time (max.):
- 11 hours
Technical Information - Light:
- Illumination Modes:
- continuous light (level 1), continuous light (level 2), flashing light (level 1), flashing light (level 2)
Technical Information - Battery:
- city helmet with MIPS and LED lights front and rear and clear visor
- adjustable visor protects from wind and rain
- 4 light functions (2 x continuous light, 2 x flashing light) and direction indicator
- controllable via handlebar remote control
- rechargeable via USB-C
- level 1 flashing light: burn time up to 11 hrs, LED light output 25 lumens at the front, 15 lumens at the back
- level 2 flashing light: burn time up to 7.5 hrs, LED light output 45 lumens at the front, 30 lumens at the back
- level 1 continuous light: luminous period up to 5.5 hours, LED light output 25 lumens at front, 10 lumens at rear
- level 2 continuous light: luminous period up to 2.5 hours, LED light output 40 lumens at front, 25 lumens at rear
- LED with FL 1 and IP 65 standard
- comfortable slimline straps with narrow buckles
- reflective areas
The polycarbonate outer shell is glued to the EPS inner shell, which increases the resistance of the helmet. It also makes it easier to shape vents, which means that In-Mold designs typically have better ventilation systems and a lighter weight.
Ionic+ padding has an antibacterial effect and prevents odour build-up, plus silver threads are woven in. In addition, the pads dry quickly, cool in the heat and warm up in the cold.
MIPS stands for " Multi Directional Impact Protection System" and refers to a movable protection layer consisting of three components: an EPS liner and low-friction liner, which are then connected by an elastomeric fastening system. This layer protects the brain from oblique impact. The principle of the natural low-friction layer of the brain is adapted in order to minimise the forces that occur.
Roc Loc City
The helmet size is adjusted by a rubberised turn dial. In addition, three different heights of the adjustment system can be selected. Soft pads increase comfort and improve fit.
Wind Tunnel Ventilation
Internal ventilation channels and vents direct cool air around the head and expel excess heat.
- 1 x Giro Ethos MIPS Shield LED helmet
- 1 x handlebar remote control
- 1 x USB-C charging cable
- matte black/55 - 59 cm: 505 g
- 100 day return period
- Online since 1998
- Trusted Shop 4.89 / 5.00