- 100 day return period
- Online since 1998
- Trusted Shop 4.89 / 5.00
OneUp Components EDC Top Cap - Store the EDC Tool in your steerer tube
The EDC Top Cap from OneUp Components is required if you want to store the EDC Tool or EDC V2 Tool in the steerer tube. It is screwed into the steerer tube using the EDC Top Cap tool, which is located on the EDC Multi-Tool. There it pretensions the headset and thus takes over the function of the star nut. Before this, however, a thread must be cut into the tapered fork steerer tube. Afterwards you can store the EDC Tool. Also included are several spacers and a Steerer Plug, which keeps grime away from your steerer tube.
- All Mountain, Enduro
- Top Cap Material:
Compatibility:Headset Top Cap:
- 1 1/8" steer tubes
- 1 1/8" - 1.5" tapered steerer tubes
Storing the EDC tool in the steerer tube without threading:
Important note in advance:
- Since the Top Cap is screwed into the steerer tube, the steerer tube must be threaded before installation. Only aluminium steerer tubes (not carbon or steel) are suited for storing the EDC V2 Tool.
- All compatibility information and installation instructions are exclusively from OneUp Components. Using the EDC Tool System (V2) on your bike may void the original manufacturer warranty.
- round 1 1/8" - 1.5" tapered
- Steerer Tube Length:
- 183 - 230 mm
- Start Nut Diameter:
- 24.25 mm - 24.80 mm
- Minimum diameter:
- 22.1 mm
- Recommended Steerer Tube Diameter (max.):
- 31.75 mm - 34.00 mm
Please make sure that your fork meets the above criteria before purchasing, as it is possible that the EDC Steerer Plug will not fit your fork. Its installation is not absolutely necessary.
Please follow OneUp Components' installation guide:
- 1 x OneUp Components top cap
- 1 x OneUp Components steerer plug
- 2 x spacers, 1 mm
- 2 x spacers, 3 mm
- 2 x spacers, 5 mm
- black/1 1/8": 4,2 g (nur Top Cap)