Keeps your chain securely under tension: the Rohloff Chain Tensioner
Efficient cycling requires a chain that's always well-tensioned. A chain tensioner is necessary on all bicycles with rear suspension, as the chain length changes when the suspension is compressed and released (exception: drive swingarm). A chain tensioner is also necessary for all hardtails and systems with a drive swingarm where the chain cannot be tensioned (i.e. without adjustable dropouts, horizontal dropouts with a long slot or eccentric bottom bracket).
The standard chain tensioner is suitable for all typical frames and a chainline of 54 mm. It has a clamping capacity of 10 links. It is attached to the frame via the derailleur hanger. The position of the chain tensioner can be adjusted to the chainline of the bicycle using the included spacers. The chain tensioner can be swivelled to the rear for quick wheel removal.
- If the dropout thickness is less than 7 mm and the screw sprocket with 13 teeth is used, as well as all plug-in sprockets (chainline 57 mm), a longer fastening bolt is necessary (included). You can find chainline specifications at Rohloff.
- 10 chain links
- 54 - 58 mm (135/142 mm over locknut dimension), 72 - 75 mm (170/177 mm over locknut dimension)
- derailleur hanger
- standard chain tensioner
- can be swivelled to the rear
- additional mount for Shimano Direct Mount
- chain tensioner arm available as spare part
- 1 x Rohloff chain tensioner
- 1 x short frame bolt
- 1 x long frame bolt
- 4 x spacers, 1 mm
- 2 x spacers, 3 mm
- 100 day return period
- Online since 1998
- Trusted Shop 4.89 / 5.00