- 100 day return period
- Online since 1998
- Trusted Shop 4.9 / 5.00
SH-RC902 Road Shoes by Shimano - Top fit and efficiency
The S-Phyre SH-RC902 by Shimano, called RC9 for short, are high-performance shoes for competition-oriented road cyclists that feature two high-precision-adjustable BOA® Li2 screw fasteners and an excellent fit. Its upper construction not only optimally embraces the foot, but has also been equipped with function-specific zones to optimally balance flexibility and strength. In the forefoot, a Powerzone guide is used for improved support; in the rear, a special heel cap provides anti-twist protection during sprints. The ultra-stiff carbon midsoles and outsoles stand for highly efficient power transmission, while the optimised Shimano Dynalast last technology prevents premature fatigue.
Pedal System: 3-bolt (SPD-SL / Look)
Closure System: twist closure
Sole Stiffness: 12 (on a scale of 1 to 12)
To find the correct ergonomic position of the feet on the pedals, we recommend using the Cleat Tool by Ergon. With this tool the length, the Q-Factor and foot angle can be perfectly adjusted.
- microfibre artificial leather: soft, lightweight yet stretch-resistant material
- 360° wrap-around upper with excellent fit for all riders
- heel cap with anti-twist protection for optimal foot positioning during strong acceleration and high pedalling frequencies
- function-specific zones and scientifically-optimised upper materials for outstanding fit and pedalling performance
- two flat BOA Li2 screw fasteners for fast and precise fine adjustment
- integrated seamless midsole and upper construction for unparalleled fit, stability and lightness
- adjustable Powerzone guide for reliable forefoot support
- hollow outsole and midsole made of carbon fibre-composite material
- wider cleat adjustment: wider cleat setting, expands plate mounting area
- also available in a wide version
- ideal in combination with PD-R9100 pedals
Upper: other (synthetic leather)
Lining & Cover Sole: textile (mesh)
Outersole: other (carbon)
360° Enclosed Shoe Upper
The upper completely encloses the rider's foot up to the outsole and makes it fit like a second skin. This provides comfort, outstanding stability, weight savings and increased performance.
Microfibre synthetic leather and mesh fabric are used on the upper, which overlap in a complex and precision-calculated manner. This not only further improves the fit and increases breathability, it also ensures that the shoe is firm and more flexible in the right places.
A special heel cap reduces the forces that act during explosive acceleration and thus works against foot twisting. This improves performance in areas such as sprints or high-cadence riding.
Shimano's Dynalast technology is a shoe last design with less toe rise. It creates a smoother upward motion when pedalling, which is more energy efficient and therefore improves performance. Less power is lost and the rider becomes fatigued less quickly.
These Shimano shoes run smaller than one would expect from their size. It is best to order one size larger than usual.
- 1 x pair Shimano RC9 Road Shoes (SH-RC902 S-Phyre)
- black/42: 236 g (pro Schuh)