- 100 day return period
- Online since 1998
- Trusted Shop 4.87 / 5.00
The SH-ME5 shoes by Shimano - top performance on the trail
The Shimano SH-ME5 shoes (SH-ME501) are special high performance Trail shoes that combine excellent stiffness when pedalling with stability when walking. They can be adjusted quickly and precisely using the BOA twist lock. Its TORBAL sole promotes natural flow movement on the trail.
Application: Trail, Enduro
Pedal System: 2-bolt (SPD)
Closure System: dial, hook & loop fastener
Sole Stiffness: 6 (on a scale of 1 to 12)
To find the correct ergonomic position of the feet on the pedals, we recommend using the Cleat Tool by Ergon. With this tool the length, the Q-Factor and foot angle can be perfectly adjusted.
- reinforced protectors for excellent protection and high durability
- BOA L6 twist lock enables fast and precise fine adjustment
- adjustable Powerzone cable guide and hook & loop straps at the front give the forefoot a secure hold
- highly durable Michelin double density rubber outsole for excellent traction with unmatched robustness, stability and slip resistance
- torsionable " TORBAL" midsole for natural downhill " flow" movement
- microfibre artificial leather: soft, lightweight yet stretch-resistant material
- harder contact block for more stability and pedalling efficiency
- insole with extra padding for shock absorption (cushion insole)
- wider cleat adjustment: wider cleat setting, expands plate mounting area
- ideal in combination with Shimano PD-M8120 pedals
Upper: other, textile (faux leather)
Lining & Cover Sole: textile (mesh)
Outersole: other (rubber)
TORBAL (Torsional Balance) improves balance and bike control by letting the heel section accommodate some lateral movement, while optimizing pedalling efficiency at the sole/cleat interface. Flexibility better connects the rider and pedal with what the bicycle is doing underfoot, while maintaining comfort and flexibility through all ranges of rider motion.
For the extreme demands of gravity-assisted riding. Specifically designed outsole, result of the cooperation of Shimano and Michelin: this sole is characterised by two zones of different density and a strategically placed knob pattern for better grip without compromising pedalling efficiency.
The Boa System offers infinite adjustment for a glove-like fit with on-the-fly one-handed adjustments and convenient fast release. The shoes are mud and water resistant and extremely light.
Shimano shoes (except the GORE-TEX™ models) run narrow and may be smaller than expected. The best solution is to order one size larger than usual.
Manufacturer Part Numbers:
- 1 pair of Shimano SH-ME5 MTB shoes (SH-ME501)
- 1 pair of cleat backing plates