- 100 day return period
- Online since 1998
- Trusted Shop 4.91 / 5.00
The S-Works Ares Road Shoes by Specialized - Full power for winners
Setting new standards in pedalling efficiency and power transfer, the S-Works Ares is the fastest road shoe Specialized has ever introduced. It combines a tongue-less synthetic upper reinforced with high-strength Dyneema® fibres with an innovative BOA® Li2 screw fastener and an ultra-stiff FACT&trade Powerline™ carbon sole. This minimises foot movement, reduces pressure on tendons and converts all your power directly into propulsion. In addition, the S-Works Ares incorporates proven Body Geometry features that have been used on Specialized shoes for decades: an arch support, a varus wedge, and an insole that aligns the hips, feet, and knees. They contribute to ergonomic pedalling and reduce the risk of overload. The unique design of this shoe and well thought-out details such as a supportive heel cap and spacious forefoot area come into their own when riding out of the saddle.
Application: Road, Triathlon & Time Trial
Pedal System: 3-bolt (SPD-SL / Look)
Closure System: twist closure
Sole Stiffness: 15.0
To find the correct ergonomic position of the feet on the pedals, we recommend using the Cleat Tool by Ergon. With this tool the length, the Q-Factor and foot angle can be perfectly adjusted.
- ergonomically-designed, scientifically-tested Body Geometry features (arch support, varus wedge, insole) for clean vertical pedalling, increased performance and wellness, and injury prevention
- special design secures the foot for extreme loads even in the standing position, prevents movement of the midfoot
- Dyneema fibres embedded in synthetic and TPU layers for zones without stretch, special support and comfort
- stiffest and lightest FACT Powerline carbon sole from Specialized maximises power transfer
- two-piece BOA Li2 closure system for quick micro-adjustments
- PadLock™ heel construction wraps around the heel for better acceleration
- anti-slip, replaceable heel profile with countersunk screws for increased safety
- form-fit last with roomy toe box increases comfort
- titanium and aluminium cleat inserts can be reversed to mount the cleats 5 mm further to the back
- three threaded inserts, suitable for all common road bike pedal systems
Upper: other, textile
Lining & Cover Sole: textile
FACT is an acronym for " Functional Advanced Composite Technology" and summarises all the know-how that Specialized has in the use of carbon fibre. It is a holistic approach, which primarily concerns the bike frames, but is found in many components such as handlebars, stems, saddles etc. The starting point is always the awareness for the needs of drivers and the capability to fulfil them. Next, the selection of fibres, resins and fabric layers takes place; in this process the quality of the carbon and the arrangement of the fibre layers play an important role. It is important to find the right set-up for the project at hand and the intended location or rather the area of application. It is often necessary to differentiate from model to model at several points. In the final step, attention is paid to processing the material in a way that allows the desired advantages in terms of low weight, rigidity and stability to be achieved.
Body Geometry products from Specialized address the contact points between rider and bike. They are designed in collaboration with doctors, scientists and athletes to increase performance, improve riding comfort and prevent injuries, taking into account medical-anatomical aspects. Body Geometry features are found on Specialized saddles (padding, shaping), shoes (outsole, footbed, etc.) as well as gloves (padding).
team white: 61021-45
- 1 x pair Specialized S-Works Ares Road Shoes
- black/42: 220 g (pro Schuh)