absoluteBLACK Oval Chainring Race Face Direct Mount / Shimano HG 12-speed (Boost)
- 100 day return period
- Online since 1998
- Trusted Shop 4.87 / 5.00
absoluteBLACK Race Face DM / Shimano HG 12-speed oval chainring - for Boost bikes
The oval absoluteBLACK chainring for Race Face direct mount and Shimano HG 12-speed can be used on all Race Face cranks with RCA system, which provides for direct mounting of the chainring on the crank. Thanks to the 3 mm offset, a chainline specific to Boost is obtained. Important: This oval Race Face direct mount chainring can only be combined with Shimano Hyperglide+ 12-speed chains, i.e. CN-M9100, CN-M8100 and CN-M7100. The reason for this are different thicknesses and shapes of the teeth.
Application: All Mountain, Enduro, Cross Country
Mount: Cinch Direct Mount
Teeth: 30 t, 32 t, 34 t
Type: oval 10.2 - 14.4 %
Offset: 3 mm (Boost)
Chainline: 52 mm
Material: aluminium (7075)
- Race Face Cinch cranks (Next SL G4, Next SL, Next R, Sixc, Turbine, Atlas, Aeffect, Ride Cinch)
- only compatible with Shimano HG+ 12-speed chains
- developed using 3D CAD software, CNC-manufactured, anodised
- durable construction, dirt-repellent, low-noise
- excellent weight to stiffness ratio
- improved uphill traction and performance
- special narrow-wide-design (patent pending)
- outstanding quality and appearance
- faster riding with reduced knee load
- Boost chainline
- ovality and timing (110.5-116.3°) matched to chainring size (TDC technology, Top Dead Center)
- Optimum Chainring Adjustment (OCA): position can be rotated 22° in both directions
Oval chainrings follow the natural physiology of humans. They maximise pedalling power the moment it is developed and minimise resistance when it is not. As a result, oval chainrings allow the rider to pedal more smoothly and stay loose on the climb.
In fact, your pedal stroke will feel " rounder" with an oval chainring than with a round chainring.
Advantages of Oval Chainrings
Compared to round chainrings, oval chainrings address more muscle groups - but each of them to a lesser degree. The total load of pedalling is therefore distributed over a larger muscle mass and the knees are less strained.
This has three advantages: 1. The legs remain fresher and more relaxed. 2. You can go uphill faster. 3. Spreading the load over more muscles reduces the susceptibility to cramps, even with great effort. Ultimately this will increase your riding pleasure. For MTB applications, the rear wheel traction is increased on loose and slippery surfaces, allowing you to make better progress on demanding terrain.
Manufacturer Part Numbers:
30 tooth: RFOVBSH/30
32 tooth: RFOVBSH/32
34 tooth: RFOVBSH/34
- 1 x absoluteBLACK Race Face direct mount / Shimano HG+ 12-speed oval chainring
- black/30 tooth: 58 g
- black/32 tooth: 62 g
- black/34 tooth: 69 g