- 100 day return period
- Online since 1998
- Trusted Shop 4.84 / 5.00
Improved cadence and efficiency: the Sub-Compact oval chainrings by absoluteBLACK
absoluteBLACK now provides oval gravel/road 110 mm 4-arm chainrings for Sub-Compact gradation (Super Compact), with which you can increase your climbing abilities and cadence. A higher cadence is crucial to reduce the perceived strain. With the 30-46 and 32-48 t chainrings, you can ride anywhere and master any climb. Even alpine terrain will no longer be as difficult as it was.
These special Super Compact chainrings are compatible with all Shimano 4-arm cranks with 110 mm bolt circle diameter and work with 10-, 11- and 12-speed drivetrains. 30 and 32 t chainrings allow you to ride uphill at your chosen speed, with improved cadence and efficiency. Would you like to try it?
Application: Road, Gravel
Mount: 110 mm pitch circle, 4-arm asymmetrical
Teeth: 30 t, 32 t, 46 t, 48 t
Gearing: 2x10-speed, 2x11-speed, 2x12-speed
Type: oval 9 % (30 t), 8 % (32 t), 10 - 11.2 % (46/48 t)
Material: aluminium (7075)
Combinations: 30-46 t, 32-48 t
- Shimano Dura Ace R9100
- Shimano Dura Ace 9000
- Shimano Ultegra R8000
- Shimano Ultegra 6800
- Shimano 105 R7000
- Shimano 105 5800
- Di2 compatible
- 30 and 32 t come with special chainring bolts that are absolutely necessary for assembly
- developed using 3D CAD software, CNC-manufactured, anodised
- durable construction
- improved cadence and efficiency when riding uphill through sub-compact gradation
- even difficult climbs can be mastered
- 11-46 or 11-48 is a sufficient transmission ratio for high gears on flat terrains
- smoother pedalling, reduced knee load
- 30-46 t more suitable for gravel, 32-48 t more suitable for road
- ovality and timing (108 - 110.5°) matched to chainring size (TDC technology, Top Dead Center)
Oval chainrings follow the natural physiology of humans. They maximise pedalling power the moment it is developed and minimise resistance when it is not. As a result, oval chainrings allow the rider to pedal more smoothly and stay loose on the climb.
In fact, your pedal stroke will feel " rounder" with an oval chainring than with a round chainring.
Advantages of Oval Chainrings
Compared to round chainrings, oval chainrings address more muscle groups - but each of them to a lesser degree. The total load of pedalling is therefore distributed over a larger muscle mass and the knees are less strained.
This has three advantages: 1. The legs remain fresher and more relaxed. 2. You can go uphill faster. 3. Spreading the load over more muscles reduces the susceptibility to cramps, even with great effort. Ultimately this will increase your riding pleasure. For MTB applications, the rear wheel traction is increased on loose and slippery surfaces, allowing you to make better progress on demanding terrain.
Manufacturer Part Numbers:
30 tooth: ROV30/4
32 tooth: ROV32/4
46 tooth: ROV46/4
48 tooth: ROV48/4
- 1 x absoluteBLACK Sub-Compact oval chainring
- 2 x titanium M5 bolts (only for 30 t)
- 2 x aluminium M7 bolts (only for 30 t)
- 4 x aluminium M7 bolts (only for 32 t)
- black/30 tooth: 27 g
- black/32 tooth: 30 g
- black/46 tooth: 99 g
- black/48 tooth: 110 g