evoc Commute A.I.R. Pro 18 Airbag Protector Backpack
The Commute A.I.R. Pro 18 protector backpack by evoc with airbag for use in urban traffic
The evoc Commute A.I.R. Pro 18 is a protector backpack for city bike use with 18 litres packing volume and built-in airbag. It unfolds in a fraction of a second in the event of a fall and protects the neck, shoulder and chest area as well as the collarbones. In addition, the highly flexible back protector with proven evoc Liteshield Plus technology prevents spinal injuries. In combination, the airbag and protector can reduce the impact forces by up to 80 %.
The airbag system was developed in cooperation with Minerva-AS GmbH and works with a CO2 cartridge with igniter, which you install yourself in just a few simple steps when you put the backpack into operation for the first time. A special magnetic buckle on the chest strap activates the airbag sensor. The integrated battery with a runtime of 32 hours has to be charged for this to work. It is easily done via a USB-C port. An LED on the activation buckle shows you whether the system is still ready for use for at least 4 hours or whether you need to connect it to the power first. Evoc also provides an app for monitoring battery status, registration and firmware updates. Do not forget to deactivate the airbag function after your ride through the city. When the inflator is empty because the airbag has been triggered, you can get a new one from the manufacturer at a reduced price.
Apart from its groundbreaking protective features, the Commute A.I.R. Pro 18 impresses with its excellent ventilation system, maximum carrying comfort and secure fit, not least thanks to the seamless shoulder straps and high-quality hip belt. It has a laptop compartment, pockets for small parts, an elasticated side pocket, a mobile phone pocket, an eyewear pocket, a water bottle pocket and a hip belt pocket. Reflective prints improve your visibility in the dark. Multifunctional fastening straps, an emergency plan and a key clip round off the backpack's features.
Information regarding the return of batteries and electrical equipment:Information on the return and disposal of used batteries and electrical equipment can be found here.
- backpack w/ back protector
- 18 litre
- polyester 300D, polyester 600D (recycled)
- Certification Number:
- EN 1621-2, Level 2
Note from the manufacturer:The backpack is not suitable for other uses, especially not for mountain biking, downhill, BMX, motor sports or on motorised vehicles such as scooters, quads, Segways or for other comparable sports.
- cycling backpack for city bike use with back protector and integrated airbag
- the airbag protects neck, shoulders, collarbones and chest area
- lightweight, highly flexible Liteshield Plus back protector protects the spine
- reduces impact forces occurring during a fall by 80 % (manufacturer's specification)
- airbag system developed jointly with Minerva-AS GmbH
- chest strap with magnetic FIDLOCK buckle to activate the airbag system
- airbag filling with Minerva inflator (CO2 cartridge with igniter)
- airbag system can be used again after a fall with deployment (after checking for damage) with a new inflator
- LED display on the chest strap for battery charge status and operational readiness
- 32 h battery runtime, battery charging via USB-C port
- use and temperature range of the airbag system from 0 °C to + 40 °C
- services such as software updates, battery charge status, registration via smartphone app
- airbag system and protector completely removable for cleaning the backpack
- Air-Circulation back ventilation and height-adjustable Airo-Flex hip belt
- seamless shoulder straps
- water-repellent outer material
- laptop compartment with water-repellent zip
- mobile phone compartment with water-repellent zip
- small parts compartments with water-repellent zips
- multifunctional attachment loops
- water bottle compartment
- hip belt pocket
- carbines for attaching a key
- eyewear ccompartment
- elasticated side pocket
- emergency plan with instructions for behaviour in the event of an accident
- reflective print for better visibility in the dark
Technology:Liteshield Plus Back Protector
The Liteshield Plus back protector is very light, comfortable and protects the back thanks to its high impact protection. It consists of polypropylene and a TPU layer. Both components are welted under high pressure and with steam, so that adhesives are not required. It has an EPP foam that protects the thoracic and lumbar vertebrae as well as the coccyx. The side of the protector facing the back is equipped with cross-shaped ventilation channels, which are also particularly flexible and adapt to the movements of the wearer. The side facing away from the back has flex lines that adapt to the shape of the back and contribute to a good fit. The vibration damping effect of the Liteshield Plus back protector is almost twice as high as specified by CE standards, and thus offers an excellent impact absorption of 95%.
Airbag Integrated Rescue System (A.I.R.)
The airbag system developed by evoc in cooperation with Minerva-AS GmbH is based on a battery-powered sensor system that gets activated by closing a magnetic buckle on the chest strap. The sensors analyse the position and orientation of the backpack up to 1100 times per second and thus also your position when cycling. If the defined deployment conditions are reached, typically in a fall, the system ensures full deployment of the airbag within 0.2 seconds. The airbag then remains in this state for five to ten seconds. It is filled with air via an inflator, i.e. a CO2 cartridge with ignition module, that is replaceable. The system ensures that the chest area, neck, shoulders and collarbones are optimally protected in the event of a fall.
Air Circulation is a ventilation system for backpacks and hip packs. Even during high exertion and perspiration, this system ensures optimum ventilation without cooling down the sensitive kidney area. A vertically guided air channel ensures a constant degree of free air circulation. In addition, further air can flow off via side openings along this channel.
Airo Flex is an extremely stable fabric that is both air-permeable and flexible. Evoc uses it on the hip belt of the highest quality backpacks to guarantee both an optimal load transfer to the hips and a comfortable feeling thanks to maximum ventilation.
- Dimensions (HxWxD):
- 53 x 30 x 18 cm
- Torso Length:
- 48 - 52 cm
- 180 - 200 cm
- Manufacturer Number:
- 1 x evoc Commute A.I.R. Pro 18 airbag protector backpack
- 1 x Minerva CO2 inflator
Order Together:Optional accessories:
- black/L/XL: 2150 g
- 100 day return period
- Online since 1998
- Trusted Shop 4.89 / 5.00