For lovers of mechanical disc brakes: the BB7 MTB Disc Brakes by Avid
The BB7 MTB is a disc brake for riders looking for a hydraulic free system without having to compromise on quality. A mechanical system is easier to adjust and maintain and an assuring choice when wet. This set does not include levers, cables, or cable housings. These parts need to be ordered separately.
The brake is compatible for the front and rear.
Note: The Avid BB7 MTB disc brakes use a V-Brake lever.
Material: aluminum, forged
Brake Mount: post mount
Rotor: 6 bolt, 1-piece
Brake Engagement: wire cable
Brake Lever: not included
Other: Dual Knob Pad Adjustment
Technology: Tri-Align™ Caliper Positioning System™
Tri-Align™ Caliper Positioning System™:
Another original Avid technology making your life better—there’s never been an easier brake to install and adjust. With Avid’s Tri-Align™ Caliper Positioning System™, aligning the caliper to the rotor literally takes seconds. Just loosen the CPS™ bolts a little, and then squeeze the brake lever while re-tightening the bolts. Perfect caliper alignment—just like that.
160 mm: 00.5016.166.010
180 mm: 00.5016.174.000
200 mm: 00.5016.174.010
- 1 x Avid BB7 MTB caliper
- 1 x Avid G2 rotor
- 1 x Avid Post Mount to IS front adapter (fits rotor size)
- 1 x Avid Post Mount to IS rear adapter (fits rotor size)
- 1 x Avid Post Mount to post mount (fits rotor size, not 160 mm version)
- 2 x Avid sintered brake pads
- 6 x Avid Torx bolts to mount rotor
- 2 x Avid hexagon socket bolts to mount caliper
- brake Lever not included
- cable and housing not included
-graphite / front/rear 160 mm rotor : 329 g