- 100 day return period
- Online since 1998
- Trusted Shop 4.86 / 5.00
CeramicSpeed OSPW coated derailleur pulley system 9000 / 6800 - drivetrain optimisation
The CeramicSpeed OSPW coated derailleur pulley system for Shimano Dura Ace RD-9000 and Ultegra RD-6800 allows you to optimise your drivetrain. It consists of two oversized 17-tooth aluminium pulleys (available in black or red) with super-smooth CeramicSpeed ceramic bearings and a special carbon-polyamide cage that reduces weight. In addition to the 11-speed mechanical rear derailleurs mentioned above, the model is also compatible with Dura Ace RD-7900 and Ultegra RD-6700 10-speed rear derailleurs as well as Dura Ace RD-7970, Ultegra RD-6770 (10-speed) and Dura Ace RD-9070, Ultegra RD-6870 (11-speed) electronic rear derailleurs. Like all oversized Pulley Wheel (OSPW) systems, the Shimano version also stands for less friction compared to standard pulleys and allows a significant power savings. In the coated version there are also other advantages: A metal coating of the bearing races increases the already strong performance, the durability increases and there is almost no wear of the bearings.
Application: Road, Triathlon
Gearing: 10-speed, 11-speed
Capacity: 28 teeth
Compatibility: Shimano Dura Ace 7900, 7970, 9000, 9070, Ultegra 6700, 6770, 6800, 6870, not for R9100, R8000
Derailleur Pulleys: 17 tooth
Outer Cage Material: polyamide, carbon
Inner Cage Material: polyamide, carbon
Other Materials: aluminium
Bearings: 607 ceramic
- high-performance bearings with special ceramic balls made of 3rd degree silicon nitride (best achievable degree for ceramic bearings)
- CeramicSpeed bearing balls: 15 % harder, 100 % smoother and 99 % more resilient than commercially available ceramic balls
- ball bearing retainer made of reinforced polyamide, race made of hardened steel with polished channel
- additional metal-coated race for more performance and durability
- unique durability and mileage: energy savings of up to 2.4 watts, up to 60% less friction thanks to OSPW system
- compatible with 28 t sprockets (max.) depending on the derailleur hanger on most bikes
- handmade in Denmark
The Oversized Pulley Wheel System (OSPW System) is a ground-breaking innovation from CeramicSpeed developed in collaboration with world-class triathletes. This unique system stands for 40 - 60 % less friction compared to standard pulleys and enables power savings of at least 1.6 and up to 2.4 watts. This was confirmed by the Friction Facts test laboratory. The OSPW system features unique CeramicSpeed bearings, aluminium pulleys and a polyamide-carbon retainer, making it 3 to 5 times more durable than standard systems on the market. True progress in the field of cycling performance.
Coated products from CeramicSpeed offer ultimate gains in performance and durability. This is ensured by a unique coating that increases the hardness of the races so that, in combination with the suppleness of CeramicSpeed ball bearings, practically no bearing wear can be detected. The coating is a metal layer which is 75% harder than hardened steel. It is applied very thinly (0.003 mm) and evenly over the entire surface of the race and is used both inside and outside to achieve an optimum result.
Note from the manufacturer: The rear derailleur should be completely removed before transporting the bicycle in a travel bag, otherwise the OSPW System could be damaged.
Manufacturer Part Numbers:
- 1 x CeramicSpeed OSPW System Shimano inner cage plate
- 1 x CeramicSpeed OSPW System Shimano outer cage plate
- 1 x CeramicSpeed OSPW System Shimano lower derailleur pulley
- 1 x CeramicSpeed OSPW System Shimano upper derailleur pulley
- 1 x CeramicSpeed oil, 15 ml dropper bottle
- 1 x sticker sheet