- 100 day return period
- Online since 1998
- Trusted Shop 4.84 / 5.00
CeramicSpeed OSPW X derailleur pulley system for SRAM Rival / Force 1 type 3 - off-road optimised
With the CeramicSpeed OSPW X derailleur pulley system for SRAM Rival and Force 1 type 3 rear derailleurs, Gravel riders can now also enjoy highly efficient drivetrain optimisation. The 14-tooth top pulley and the 18-tooth bottom pulley are based on easy-running ceramic bearings. The clou: You have a narrow-wide-tooth profile, which improves the chain retention decisively. A special carbon fibre cage is also supplied, which saves weight. The system is compatible with Rival and Force 1x11 drivetrains. Like all CeramicSpeed Oversized Pulley Wheel (OSPW) products, CeramicSpeed's ceramic bearings reduce friction compared to standard gears and provide significant power savings. As an X (= off-road) version it was designed for the more difficult conditions off the beaten track.
Application: Gravel, Cyclocross, Road
Capacity: 42 teeth
Compatibility: SRAM Rival 1X, Force 1X, Type 3 rear derailleur with 8 o'clock cage lock position (not for Apex 1, Type 2.1 or 5 o'clock position)
Derailleur Pulleys: 14 tooth (upper pulley), 18 tooth (lower pulley)
Outer Cage Material: polyamide, carbon
Inner Cage Material: polyamide, carbon
Other Materials: aluminium
Bearings: 607 ceramic
- high-performance bearings with special ceramic balls made of 3rd degree silicon nitride (best achievable degree for ceramic bearings)
- CeramicSpeed bearing balls: 15 % harder, 100 % smoother and 99 % more resilient than commercially available ceramic balls
- ball bearing retainer made of reinforced polyamide, race made of stainless steel
- unique durability and mileage: energy savings of up to 2.4 watts, up to 40 % less friction thanks to OSPW system
- special off-road version for wet, dirt and mud
- narrow-wide-tooth profile
- two spring tension options: lower tension recommended to fully maintain damping function, higher tension if necessary on very rough surfaces
- compatible with all cage lengths
- handmade in Denmark
The Oversized Pulley Wheel System (OSPW System) is a ground-breaking innovation from CeramicSpeed developed in collaboration with world-class triathletes. This unique system stands for 40 - 60 % less friction compared to standard pulleys and enables power savings of at least 1.6 and up to 2.4 watts. This was confirmed by the Friction Facts test laboratory. The OSPW system features unique CeramicSpeed bearings, aluminium pulleys and a polyamide-carbon retainer, making it 3 to 5 times more durable than standard systems on the market. True progress in the field of cycling performance.
Dirt, rain, mud and gravel are the most important components of a true off-road adventure. However, these conditions put a strain on your material and force you to change bottom bracket bearings, hub bearings and derailleur pulleys very often. CeramicSpeed off-road bearings extend the life of the most stressed parts of the bike and reduce friction. Designed to withstand the harshest conditions, they allow you to travel longer, harder and faster. With their stainless steel races, they are corrosion resistant and offer exceptional performance.
Note from the manufacturer: The rear derailleur should be completely removed before transporting the bicycle in a travel bag, otherwise the OSPW System could be damaged.
Manufacturer Part Numbers:
- 1 x CeramicSpeed OSPW X System SRAM Type 3 inner cage plate
- 1 x CeramicSpeed OSPW X System SRAM Type 3 outer cage plate
- 1 x CeramicSpeed OSPW X System SRAM Type 3 lower derailleur pulley
- 1 x CeramicSpeed OSPW X System SRAM Type 3 upper derailleur pulley
- 1 x CeramicSpeed oil, 15 ml dropper bottle
- 1 x sticker sheet