- 100 day return period
- Online since 1998
- Trusted Shop 4.89 / 5.00
Durable and reliable: the IS41/28.6 3 Upper Headset Cup by Hope
The Hope IS41/28.6 upper headset cup is characterised by its reliability and durability. The reason for this is the corrosion-resistant stainless steel bearings and the double seal. The compression ring is slotted to facilitate assembly.
- Designed for 1 1/8" upper head tube diameters combined with standard 1 1/8" or 1 1/8" - 1.5" tapered forks.
- Downhill, All Mountain, Enduro, Cross Country, Trail
- Upper Bearings:
- 1 1/8"
- Steerer Tube:
- 1 1/8" , 1 1/8 - 1.5" tapered
- integrated (IS)
- angular contact ball bearings, stainless steel
- Upper Insert Depth:
- 10 mm
- Upper Outer Diameter:
- 41.1 mm
- Upper Inner Diameter:
- 28.6 mm
- Cap and integrated rubber seal
- replaceable corrosion-resistant stainless steel bearings
- slotted compression ring race for easier assembly
- double seal
- aluminium cover (2014-T6)
Standardized Headset Identification System (S.H.I.S.):In order to clarify and bring uniformity to a sea of headset standards, manufacturers Acros, Cane Creek, Hope, Race Face, Reset Racing and Ritchey have agreed upon using a shared nomenclature, which will likely include more participating companies in the future. This system takes into account a combination of frame and fork dimensions. Both the upper and lower part of the headset are marked by two alphanumeric identifiers. The first identifier indicates the type of headset (External Cup, Zero Stack, Integrated) and head tube diameter. The second identifier - separated from the first by a backslash - indicates the diameter of the steerer tube. When referring to a complete headset, the specifications of both upper and lower parts must be combined.
- Bearings contained within cups that are located outside of the frame (external cup).
- Bearings contained within pressed-in cups where the cup and bearings rest inside the frame (zero stack).
- Bearings that fit directly into a bonded or machined interface that is integrated into the frame (integrated).
- 1 x Hope upper bearing
- 1 x top caps
- 1 x compression ring
- 1 x O-ring
- 3 x spacers
- not incl. star nut
- not incl. Ahead cap