- 100 day return period
- Online since 1998
- Trusted Shop 4.9 / 5.00
The Butcher T9 Grid Trail 29" Tyre by Specialized in the Soil Searching Special Edition
The Butcher Soil Searching is an Enduro and Downhill folding tyre in 29" with extremely grippy GRIPTON® T9 rubber compound and classic brown Skinwall sidewall. For this special limited edition, Specialized wanted to bring attention to the trail builders around the world who are often forgotten behind the athletes, yet do such important work without which the sport would not even be possible. That's why Specialized launched the Soil Searching Global Trail Ambassador program some time ago, supporting trail builders financially and with activities like " Dig Days" .
The Butcher tyre stands for aggressive trail riding on difficult surfaces that require maximum traction and very good puncture protection. It is based on a compound that has been designed for total damping and thus perfect grip. Its tread pattern features wide shoulder lugs with inwardly shifted edges and staggered centre lugs for better load support and smooth cornering. Added to this is a carcass with bead-to-bead protection for reliable puncture resistance, Thanks to 2Bliss-Ready, the Butcher can of course also be ridden tubeless.
Application: Enduro, Downhill
Ground Conditions: mixed to loose
Type: folding tyre
Tubeless System: 2Bliss Ready
Rubber Compound: GRIPTON T9 (Shore A48)
Carcass: 60 tpi, Grid Trail
Sidewall: Tan Skin (Soil Searching)
Dimensions: 29 x 2.3"
Air Pressure: 1.7 - 3.4 bar
Manufacturer Part Number: 00121-0091
Dimensions: 29 x 2.6"
Air Pressure: 1.4 - 2.8 bar
Manufacturer Part Number: 00121-0092
- limited edition with transparent skinwall sidewall, through which the brown core can be seen, for a classic look
- developed as part of the Soil Searching Global Trail Ambassador program to support trail builders
- rubber compound provides optimum shock absorption for total traction and control on the ground
- broader shoulder knobs for better load support during hard cornering
- edges of the shoulder lugs shifter further inwards
- centre cleat staggered for smooth transitions when changing curves
- carcass: light yet strong with enhanced bead-to-bead protection for exceptional durability, sidewall rigidity and stability
- with butyl coated bead core = 2Bliss Ready (tubeless compatible)
GRIPTON T9 is a variant of the tried-and-tested GRIPTON rubber compound from Specialized,
which is based on synthetic rubber and an activated silica compound. It is a super gripping gravity compound that morphs slowly back into its starting position when deformed or impacted. The goal is to absorb every kind of vibration, so that the tyre essentially sticks to the ground. The " T" stands for " Tread Compound," and the number 9, on a scale from 1 to 10 (the extremes values 1 and 10 do not exist), indicates the degree of damping and road grip, which in this case offers the highest possible value.
- 1 x Specialized Butcher Grid Trail T9 Soil Searching 29" folding tyre
- black-tan/29x2.3: 975 g
- black-tan/29x2.60: 1050 g