- 100 day return period
- Online since 1998
- Trusted Shop 4.86 / 5.00
Frame Builder's Cold Zinc primer by Spray.Bike - rusty steel is so yesterday
The Frame Builders Cold Zinc primer by Spray.Bike is a transparent primer specially developed for raw steel frames. In the past, steel bikes were galvanized before painting to create a protective layer and prevent rust. This has significantly increased the service life of the bicycles. This primer works of off of this procedure. Frame Builder's Cold Zinc protects your steel bike and restores the nostalgic feeling of days gone by!
Designation: Spray Bike Acrylic Paint in Aerosol
Application Area: frame, fork and all parts to be painted
- strong adhesion primer for Spray.Bike paints
- 95 % galvanic zinc
- can be used on steel frames as a nostalgic alternative to Metal Primer
- no subsequent heat treatment necessary
- with 400 ml a common bicycle incl. fork can be treated with one layer
- use Spray.Bike only on clean, dry surfaces
- wear gloves, protective clothing and breathing mask
- always paint outdoors
- shake spray can vigorously for approx. 3 minutes before use
- before beginning test spray 2 - 3 times
- spray only with a spray can in vertical position (at least 20 cm spray distance)
- keep the spray can moving at all times during the spraying process
- apply until an even layer is formed
- allow primer to dry completely (30 - 60 minutes)
- paint with desired colour and treat further
Manufacturer's Warning: Optimum ambient temperature for spraying: 20-25°C. Do not use Spray.Bike at outside temperatures below 10°C, above 35°C or relative humidity above 75 %. Keep the can well protected from sunlight and ambient temperatures above 50°C/122°F.
CLP Regulation Label:
Signal Word: Danger
acetones, cylenes, 2-methoxy-1-methylethyl acetate
H222 Extremely flammable aerosol.
H229 Pressurized container: may burst if heated.
H315 Causes skin irritation.
H319 Causes serious eye irritation.
H336 May cause drowsiness or dizziness.
P101 If medical advice is needed, have product container or label at hand.
P102 Keep out of reach of children.
P210 Keep away from heat, hot surfaces, sparks, open flames and other ignition sources. No smoking.
P211 Do not spray on an open flame or other ignition source.
P251 Do not pierce or burn, even after use.
P280 Wear protective gloves / protective clothing / eye protection / face protection.
P410+P412 Protect from sunlight. Do not expose to temperatures above 50 °C/122 °F.
P501 Disposal of contents/container in accordance with local / regional / national /
Cosmos Lac AE
1 Pindou Street, Kallithea 17672, Athens. - Greece
Phone: +30 2109570222
Fax: +30 2109566671
Nominal Amount: 400 ml
Packaging Type: spray can
- 1 x Spray.Bike Frame Builder's Cold Zink primer