- 100 day return period
- Online since 1998
- Trusted Shop 4.89 / 5.00
Expensive but good: the SCS II Chain Guide Type II by Syntace
The patent-pending SCS chain guide (Syntace Chainguide System) is the world's first chain guide that works reliably in all 27 or 30 gears and even when pedalling backwards. Suitable for frames with factory Syntace SCS preparation, such as the Liteville 301 from Mk8, Liteville 601 from Mk1.
- aluminium (7075), titanium, special low-friction polymer
- 22-36 teeth (2x), 44 teeth (3x)
- with the Syntace Chainguide System, repeated cranking back no longer causes the chain to derail on the front chainrings. Important when repositioning the front foot in technical terrain. Only the guiding power of the rear derailleur still limits the driveability of diagonal gears such as " Large/Large" .
- Thanks to its flat, FEM-optimised design with 2-fold anti-rotation direct anchoring on the swingarm, the Syntace SCS chain guide and the frame yoke remain fully functional even after impacts corresponding to a load of well over 400 kg*
- The rear wall of the SCS glide segment, together with the SCS base arm pulled far forward, forms a dirt-protected tunnel that reduces the entry of dirt from the right side of the tyre onto the lower chain strand and the glide section.
- Even after repeated " edge contact" with deep abrasions in the elastic, extra-slippery SCS underside, the relevant chain running surface remains undamaged. In contrast to the pulley with its rotating surface with teeth, the fixed SCS sliding segment always keeps what belongs at the bottom.
- By simply changing the sliding segment, the SCS guide can be converted to 2- or 3-speed at any time at low cost.
* for engineers: over 4000 N ** for physicists: over 3924 N
*SCS capacity is greater on chainrings without climbing aids, or can be further increased by slightly filing / grinding down the protruding teeth of the larger chainring. This is not a problem, as with 2-speed shifting a stronger " over-switching" is possible than with 3-speed. This alone ensures a quick change from the small to the larger chainring.
Compatibility:The SCS II Type II chain guide is compatible with the following Liteville frames:
- Liteville 301 (as of Mk 8)
- Liteville 601 (as of Mk 1)
- Liteville 901 (MK 3)
Manufacturer's note: The SCS II is a further development of the SCS I, which can be seen in the reduced weight of 74 g. The parts of the SCS I and the new SCS II cannot be mixed with each other. Please use the SCS I sliding segments for SCS I and the SCS II sliding segments for SCS II.
- 1 x Syntace SCS II Type II chain guide
- mounting material
- black/3-speed: 74 g