- 100 day return period
- Online since 1998
- Trusted Shop 4.91 / 5.00
The ES trailer hitch from Weber: the reliable hitch for hauling larger loads
The ES trailer hitch by Weber is the heavier load version of the E trailer hitch. It is only suitable for trailers with a tensile load of up to 100 kg (note: when connected to a quick-release axle, only 80 kg total weight is permitted).
The Hitch E / ES by Weber are the most popular bicycle hitches on the market. The reason for this, in addition to the safety that has been proven a thousand times over, is above all the unbeatable ease of use provided by the patented bayonet locking system.
They were developed with the aim of fitting on as many bikes as possible and are mounted on the axle of the rear wheel with the patented polygon fastening system to prevent it from twisting.
Are you unsure which Weber hitch is the right one for your bike? The Weber Hitch Finder helps you to make the right choice.
Note from the manufacturer:
For safety reasons, a safety harness with metal buckle must be fitted to the tow bar when using Hitch E / EL / ES from model year 2017 onwards. You can order it here as an accessory.
- suitable for bicycle trailers for cargo transport with or without brakes
- not for kids' trailers
Cannot be used with:
- Rohloff internally geared hubs with solid axles; use the Hitch ER for this, as long as sliding Rohloff dropouts are used
- bicycles with short, vertical dropouts
- tricycles and other special bikes
- bicycles with open horizontal dropouts (e.g. almost all Gazelle models)
- bicycles made of carbon or have carbon dropouts / a carbon rear triangle
Total Weight of Trailer: 100 kg (only when mounted with a solid or thru-axle!)
Tongue Weight (max.): 6.5 kg
- compatible with many frame types
- Weber bayonet lock
- for all bike sizes
- for threaded and quick-release axles
- for 12 mm thru-axles (original thru axle is replaced by Weber thru axle)
- mostly mountable without tools
- only high-quality, rust-proof materials
- 1 x Weber Hitch ES
- 1 x shim
- 1 x standard polygon insert for 2.5 mm quick releases
- 1 x standard polygon insert for 5.5 mm quick releases
- 1 x standard polygon insert for solid axles