- 100 day return period
- Online since 1998
- Trusted Shop 4.85 / 5.00
Specifically for EC90 SL: the oval Easton chainrings by absoluteBLACK
This premium 1X Easton compatible, direct mount oval chainring is designed for Easton EC90 SL cranks specifically. Super stiff, mud optimized narrow-wide chainring - a perfect choice for Cyclocross and Gravel setup. Eagle 12spd compatible.
Application: Cyclocross, Gravel
Mount: Cinch direct mount
Teeth: 38 t, 40 t, 42 t, 44 t, 46 t, 48 t
Gearing: 1x9-speed, 1x10-speed, 1x11-speed, 1x12-speed
Type: oval 10.2 – 12.1 %
Material: aluminium (7075)
- for Easton Cinch EC90 SL cranks and Race Face Cinch cranks
- designed using 3D CAD software, CNC machined, anodized
- long-lasting construction, mud optimised, decreases noise dramatically
- excellent weight to strength ratio
- designed to handle mud and grass with ease
- unique patent pending alternate wide and narrow teeth profiles to keep your chain in place
- superb quality and great look
- faster ride, reduced stress on knees
- ovality and timing (110.5-112.3°) optimised for each size separately (TDC technology, top dead center)
- 10, 11 or Eagle 12spd chain for geared bike or 6-8 spd for single speed (if used in 1x9 drivetrain 10spd chain must be used to obtain the performance)
- no chainguide needed
Why absoluteBLACK oval chainrings work
Oval rings work with the natural human physiology. Oval chainrings maximise the part of the stroke where power is produced and minimise resistance where it isn't. As a direct consequence, oval rings enhance a cyclist’s ability to spin with a smoother power delivery and feel easier on legs while climbing.
You will actually feel your pedal stroke to be more " round" with an oval chainring than with a round chainring.
Why using oval chainrings matters
In comparison to round chainrings, when using oval chainrings, human legs utilise more muscle groups - but each of them to lesser degree. The overall load from pedalling an oval chainring is spread over a greater muscle mass, which reduces the peak loads on knee joints.
This has three key benefits: firstly, it gives you the feeling of fresher and more relaxed legs. Secondly, it allows you to achieve higher average speed riding uphill. Thirdly, spreading the pedalling load over more muscles reduces the risk of cramp, even when riding hard. This means your overall enjoyment of the ride is enhanced. On MTB side in addition rear tyre traction improves greatly on loose and slippery terrain when using oval. Climbing becomes much easier in demanding terrain.
- 1 x absoluteBLACK Easton EC90 SL direct mount oval chainring
- black/38 tooth: 94 g
- black/40 tooth: 101 g
- black/42 tooth: 108 g
- black/44 tooth: 109 g
- black/46 tooth: 120 g