- 100 day return period
- Online since 1998
- Trusted Shop 4.83 / 5.00
For gravel adventurers: the Gravel 1x 110/5 BCD oval chainrings by absoluteBLACK
The oval Premium 1-speed Gravel 5-arm chainrings (110 mm BCD) by absoluteBLACK are designed for Shimano 5-arm cranks, e.g. Dura Ace 7950, Ultegra 6750, 105 5750 and many more. The perfect choice for cyclocross and gravel 1-speed setups with road cranks. These chainrings are compatible with Eagle 12-speed, have a Narrow-Wide design and are supplied with mounting bolts. The offset to towards the frame is 1.5 mm, thus creating an optimal chainline. Super stiff construction despite many cut-outs.
Application: Gravel, Cyclocross
Mount: 110 mm bolt circle diameter, 5-arm
Teeth: 44 t, 46 t, 48 t, 50 t
Gearing: 1x10-speed, 1x11-speed, 1x12-speed
Type: oval 10.5 - 11.4 %
Offset: 1.5 mm
Material: aluminium (7075)
- Shimano Dura Ace 7950
- Shimano Ultegra 6750
- Shimano 105 5750
- Shimano Tiagra 4650
- FSA, Rotor 3D/3D+, S-Works and many older 5-arm cranks
- also compatible with SRAM cranks with removable spider, which have a hidden chainring bolt (Force 22, Red 22)
- Di2 compatible
- developed using 3D CAD software, CNC-manufactured, anodised
- durable construction, dirt-repellent, low noise and wear
- excellent weight to stiffness ratio
- designed for muddy grounds and use on grass
- special narrow-wide-design (patent pending)
- outstanding quality and appearance
- faster, more relaxed riding with reduced knee load
- ovality and timing (112 - 113°) matched to chainring size (TDC technology, Top Dead Center)
Oval chainrings follow the natural physiology of humans. They maximise pedalling power the moment it is developed and minimise resistance when it is not. As a result, oval chainrings allow the rider to pedal more smoothly and stay loose on the climb.
In fact, your pedal stroke will feel " rounder" with an oval chainring than with a round chainring.
Advantages of Oval Chainrings
Compared to round chainrings, oval chainrings address more muscle groups - but each of them to a lesser degree. The total load of pedalling is therefore distributed over a larger muscle mass and the knees are less strained.
This has three advantages: 1. The legs remain fresher and more relaxed. 2. You can go uphill faster. 3. Spreading the load over more muscles reduces the susceptibility to cramps, even with great effort. Ultimately this will increase your riding pleasure. For MTB applications, the rear wheel traction is increased on loose and slippery surfaces, allowing you to make better progress on demanding terrain.
Manufacturer Part Numbers:
44 tooth: GROV44/110/5
46 tooth: GROV46/110/5
48 tooth: GROV48/110/5
50 tooth: GROV50/110/5
- 1 x absoluteBLACK Gravel 1x 110/5 oval chainring
- 5 x chainring bolts
- black/44 tooth: 82 g