- 100 day return period
- Online since 1998
- Trusted Shop 4.84 / 5.00
Perfect for road cycling: the Road 110/4 oval chainring by absoluteBLACK
The 110 mm 4-arm road oval chainring by absoluteBLACK fit Shimano cranks like Dura Ace 9000, Ultegra 6800, 105 5800 and others. Their special fine tuning is unparalleled among oval chainrings.
Mount: 110 mm pitch circle, 4-arm asymmetrical
Teeth: 34 t, 36 t, 38 t, 50 t, 52 t
Gearing: 2x10-speed, 2x11-speed
Type: oval 6.5 % (34 t), 11.4 % (36/38 t), 10.3 % (50/52 t)
Material: aluminium (7075)
- for Shimano 4-arm cranks such as Dura Ace (9000), Ultegra (6800), 105 (5800), Tiagra (4700)
- Di2 compatible
- compatible with Pioneer, SRM and other power meters
- long bolts or covers (Dura Ace, Ultegra) required for the outer chainring
- developed using 3D CAD software, CNC-manufactured, anodised
- durable construction (5 mm)
- smoother, more efficient pedalling, especially while climbing, with reduced knee load
- 6 shifting aids, 12 downshifting points (ramps instead of pins)
- excellent weight to stiffness ratio
- 15 % less shifting operations needed
- ovality and timing (108 - 109.5°) matched to chainring size (TDC technology, Top Dead Center)
Oval chainrings follow the natural physiology of humans. They maximise pedalling power the moment it is developed and minimise resistance when it is not. As a result, oval chainrings allow the rider to pedal more smoothly and stay loose on the climb.
In fact, your pedal stroke will feel " rounder" with an oval chainring than with a round chainring.
Advantages of Oval Chainrings
Compared to round chainrings, oval chainrings address more muscle groups - but each of them to a lesser degree. The total load of pedalling is therefore distributed over a larger muscle mass and the knees are less strained.
This has three advantages: 1. The legs remain fresher and more relaxed. 2. You can go uphill faster. 3. Spreading the load over more muscles reduces the susceptibility to cramps, even with great effort. Ultimately this will increase your riding pleasure. For MTB applications, the rear wheel traction is increased on loose and slippery surfaces, allowing you to make better progress on demanding terrain.
Manufacturer Part Numbers:
34 tooth: ROV34/4
36 tooth: ROV36/4
38 tooth: ROV38/4
50 tooth: ROV50/4
52 tooth: ROV52/4
- 1 x absoluteBLACK Road 110/4 BCD oval chainring
- black/34 tooth: 31 g
- black/36 tooth: 37 g
- black/38 tooth: 41 g
- black/50 tooth: 120 g
- black/52 tooth: 137 g