Bell 4Forty MIPS Helmet
Without compromise: the 4Forty MIPS Helmet by Bell
Built to withstand the rigours of a life full of trail riding, the 4Forty offers generous ventilation, the comfort of the Float Fit System with built-in Sweat Guide, Extended Rear Coverage, a Full Hard Shell, an adjustable visor and integrated MIPS® protection. Full of comfort, protection and many other useful features that are usually only offered by helmets that cost twice as much, the 4Forty is a bantamweight for any condition and any kind of trails in no way inferior to the heavyweights among bike helmets.
- Enduro, All Mountain, Trail
- Air Circulation Vents:
- fusion in-mould polycarbonate shell, MIPS
MIPS is a glide plane system within the helmet designed to slow or reduce the amount of energy transmitted to or from the head. A helmet equipped with MIPS consists of 3 essential components: the helmet inner shell, a glide plane system and a suspension system made of elastomers. During impact, the inner shell of the helmet dissipates most of the energy. The elastomer-based suspension system allows the sliding plane system to move. Elongation of the elastomers leads to a rotation of the sliding plane system that is independent of the inner shell and completely encases the head. Although only a few millimetres, this movement can reduce the amount of energy acting on the brain.
GoggleGuide™ Adjustable Visor
The adjustable Goggle Guide visor system holds the goggles securely in place. The visor can easily be pushed up and offers enough space on the helmet to " park" the glasses on the helmet. If you are travelling without a visor, the short Goggle Retention Arms are used. They hold the strap securely in place and prevent the glasses from slipping upwards.
Float Fit&trade Adjustment System
Bell's most advanced helmet adjustment system combines comfort and safety in an ultra-lightweight design. Float Fit optimises the fit of the helmet in 2 ways - in terms of head circumference and vertical adjustment. In order to reduce weight and simplify operability, the guide arms are uniquely designed to enclose the back of the head with the " float" design. This puts the helmet in an ideal position on the head. Simple, light and comfortable.
Fusion In-Mold Polycarbonate Shell
EPS foam is injected into the thin microshell while it is still in the mould, instead of forming it and gluing it on separately. This process was first introduced by Bell and is now the standard for all demanding helmets.
- matte smoke-pear:
- base colour grey with neon green and yellow accents
- 52 - 56 cm:
- 55 - 59 cm:
- 58 - 62 cm:
- 61 - 65 cm:
- 52 - 56 cm / matte-gloss black:
- 55 - 59 cm / matte-gloss black:
- 58 - 62 cm / matte-gloss black:
- 62 - 65 cm / matte-gloss black:
- 52 - 56 cm / matte-gloss smoke-pear:
- 55 - 59 cm / matte-gloss smoke-pear:
- 58 - 62 cm / matte-gloss smoke-pear:
- 62 - 65 cm / matte-gloss smoke-pear:
- 52 - 56 cm / cliffhanger matte gray-gloss crimson:
- 55 - 59 cm / cliffhanger matte gray-gloss crimson:
- 58 - 62 cm / cliffhanger matte gray-gloss crimson:
- 62 - 65 cm / cliffhanger matte gray-gloss crimson:
- 52 - 56 cm / cliffhanger matte slate-gloss orange:
- 55 - 59 cm / cliffhanger matte slate-gloss orange:
- 58 - 62 cm / cliffhanger matte slate-gloss orange:
- 1 x Bell 4Forty MIPS helmet
- 100 day return period
- Online since 1998
- Trusted Shop 4.89 / 5.00