- 100 day return period
- Online since 1998
- Trusted Shop 4.91 / 5.00
Ride Progressive: the 29" PROCORE set by Schwalbe
In rough terrain the rule is: if you ride with lower air pressures, the performance always improves ... but at the same time the risk of impact punctures increases. The limit value is currently around 1.5 bar, below which the risk of snakebites is simply too great.
But nothing stays the same: With the PROCORE system you can lower the air pressure down to 0.8 bar. The secret lies in the double chamber system. While you lower the pressure in the tyre - of the outer chamber - the inner chamber, composed of the PROCORE inner tube and the PROCORE tyre, protects your rim with a high pressure.
Application: Enduro, Downhill and Performance MTB
Air pressure outer chamber: 0.8 - 1.5 bar
Air pressure inner chamber: 4 - 6 bar
Rim width (min./max.): 23 mm - 40 mm jaw width
Tyre width (min): 57 mm (2.25" )
You can mount Procore on any tubeless MTB tyre with a minimum width of 57 mm (2.25" ).
In addition, you need a tubeless compatible rim with a rim width between 23 mm - 40 mm and tubeless rim tape for sealing.
The wider the rim, the easier it is to mount and the better the handling characteristics are at low air pressures.
Wide Syntace rims are perfect examples.
We also recommend that you check with the manufacture of your rim, whether it is approved for this system.
- The tyre pressure can be reduced to 0.8 bar. This way your tyres are " glued" to the ground even in the roughest terrain.
- The tyre has an extremely sensitive and responsive suspension behaviour.
- The added damping and traction gives you much better control over your bike.
- The end to impact punctures: Your rims are extremely well protected against dents.
- Even in tough conditions and intense usage, significantly lighter tyres can be used.
- In case of breakdowns, the internal high-pressure air chamber offers excellent emergency running characteristics.
The name PROCORE is a derivative of Progressive Core and describes a double chamber system jointly developed by Schwalbe and Syntace. It allows you to ride a mountain bike with extremely low air pressures and thus improve tyre performance enormously.
The inner chamber consists of the special PROCORE inner tyre and the PROCORE inner tube. The inner tube is equipped with the patented Dual-Valve, the tyre is both very light and extremely high pressure resistant. It is filled with a pressure between 4 and 6 bar and progressively cushions extremely hard impacts - even maximum loads cannot penetrate to the edge of the rim. At the same time, the internal high-pressure system secures the tyre to the rim and reliably prevents the air loss known as " burping" of conventional tubeless systems.
The outer chamber
You have the power to decide. Because the outer chamber consists of the tubeless compatible MTB tyre of your choice (minimum width of 2.25" ). It is run " tubeless" with some sealing liquid and with an extremely low air pressure between 0.8 and 1.5 bar. This provides gigantic grip for the maximum off-road performance.
A patented dual valve distributes the air into both chambers. The upper part of the valve is a selector. With a simple turn you can adjust whether the air is pumped into the outer or inner chamber.
The small red component made of soft plastic ensures that the air can flow past the inner high-pressure chamber into the outer low-pressure chamber.
The assembly is easier than you think. This video explains how it is done ina clear and descriptive manner:
- 2 x Schwalbe PROCORE inner tyres
- 2 x Schwalbe PROCORE special inner tubes
- 1 x Schwalbe 25 mm x 10 m tubeless rim tape
- 2 x Schwalbe Doc Blue 60 ml tyre sealant
- 1 x Schwalbe Easy Fit tyre mounting fluid
- 2 x Schwalbe PROCORE AirGuide
- 3 x Schwalbe PROCORE tyre levers
- universal/29": 400 g