Shimano S-Phyre SH-XC902E Wide MTB Shoes
The SH-XC902 Cross-Country Shoes by Shimano in a wide design
The S-Phyre SH-XC902, the featherweight top model among Shimano's cross-country shoes, is also available in a special version for wider feet, called XC9E for short. Like the standard version, it has two BOA-Li2 twist closures that allow you to finely-adjust the shoe with high precision, and an ultra-stiff midsole with a high carbon content. The Ultread-XC rubber outsole with its sophisticated tread sets new standards in terms of grip and durability. The shoe's upper is made of several technical materials and works with function-specific zones to provide you with optimal support during races. It is designed to fit your foot perfectly, which improves comfort as well as fit and saves weight. The Powerzone guide reinforces hold in the front area of the foot. The shoe's stabilising midsole and Dynalast technology ensure maximally efficient power transfer, resulting in longer performance. Replaceable metal cleats round off the shoe developed with input from MTB professionals.
- Cross Country, Cyclocross
- Pedal System:
- 2-bolt (SPD)
- Closure System:
- twist closure
- Sole Stiffness:
- 11 (on a scale of 1 to 12)
Cleat Adjustment:To find the correct ergonomic position of the feet on the pedals, we recommend using the Cleat Tool by Ergon. With this tool the length, the Q-Factor and foot angle can be perfectly adjusted.
- uncompromising and feather-light racing shoe tuned for cross country and cyclocross
- lightweight, hollow-formed Shimano Ultread-XC rubber outsole with high-tech tread pattern for ultimate grip during racing
- two flat BOA-Li2 twist closures for fast and precise adjustment
- enveloping upper with function-specific zones and scientifically optimised materials for outstanding fit and pedalling performance
- flat, seamless midsole with high carbon content to stabilise the foot and for maximum power transfer and efficiency
- adjustable Powerzone guide for reliable forefoot support
- harder contact block on the forefoot
- claw-shaped metal studs, interchangeable depending on conditions
- reinforcement of the cleat mount for extreme conditions
- Shimano Dynalast lasts (wide version)
- external heel cap to prevent foot from twisting
- ideal in combination with PD-M9100 pedals
- Lining & Cover Sole:
Microfibre synthetic leather and mesh fabric are used on the upper, which overlap in a complex and precision-calculated manner. This not only further improves the fit and increases breathability, it also ensures that the shoe is firm and more flexible in the right places.
Ultread XC is a rubber compound developed by Shimano for the outsoles found specifically on cross-country and cyclocross road shoes. It is lightweight, grippy and performs well in both dry and wet conditions. Outsoles with Ultread XC have specific textured areas that make it easier to clip into SPD pedals and provide traction when clipped out. Thanks to the abrasion resistance of the rubber compound, they are very robust and resist contact with roots or stones.
Shimano's Dynalast technology is a shoe last design with less toe rise. It creates a smoother upward motion when pedalling, which is more energy efficient and therefore improves performance. Less power is lost and you tire less quickly.
Size Guide:These Shimano shoes run smaller than one would expect from their size. It is best to order one size larger than usual.
- 1 x pair Shimano S-Phyre XC9E (SH-XC902 Wide) MTB shoes
- 100 day return period
- Online since 1998
- Trusted Shop 4.89 / 5.00