The S-Works Recon MTB shoes by Specialized - for perfect power transmission
The Specialized S-Works Recon are super stiff Cross Country shoes that make no compromises in efficiency, weight and style. A light carbon sole, the highly resilient Dyneema® fibres incorporated in the rear area as well as the comfortable Form-Fit forefoot ensure perfect power transmission to the pedal. Two BOA screw fasteners are responsible for lightning-fast precise adjustments. Added to this is the excellent heel grip and a replaceable, non-slip heel. Last but not least, due to the Body Geometry outsole and footbed, these shoes support a clean vertical pedalling movement, which improves performance and is easy on the knees.
- Cross Country
- Pedal System:
- 2-bolt (SPD)
- Closure System:
- twist closure
- Sole Stiffness:
Cleat Adjustment:To find the ergonomically correct position of your feet on the pedals, we recommend the Cleat Tool from Ergon, so that the longitudinal orientation, support width (Q-factor) and foot angle are optimally adjusted to you.
- Body Geometry outsole and footbed, ergonomically designed and medically tested, promote clean vertical pedalling motion for improved performance and comfort, injury prevention
- super light sole made of very stiff FACT™ carbon for optimal power transmission (Stiffness Index 13.0)
- highly stretch-resistant Dyneema Tech™ fibres improve the connection to the shoe in the area at the rear of the foot
- BOA S3 screw fasteners: precise and quick adjustments, large-area pressure distribution, secure foothold
- padLock, produced using the in-mould process, provides outstanding foothold at the heel, the one-piece Strobel construction ensures excellent fit
- cleat inserts made from titanium and aluminium
- exchangeable heel tread made from anti-slip material; sunken-in fastening bolts
- Form-Fit with spacious forefoot area combines direct power transmission and high comfort
- two-bolt cleat pattern, suitable for all common MTB pedal systems
- Lining & Cover Sole:
FACT is an acronym for " Functional Advanced Composite Technology" and summarises all the know-how that Specialized has in the use of carbon fibre. It is a holistic approach, which primarily concerns the bike frames, but is found in many components such as handlebars, stems, saddles etc. The starting point is always the awareness for the needs of riders and the capability to fulfil them. Next, the selection of fibres, resins and fabric layers takes place; in this process the quality of the carbon and the arrangement of the fibre layers play an important role. It is important to find the right set-up for the project at hand and the intended location or rather the area of application. It is often necessary to differentiate from model to model at several points. In the final step, attention is paid to processing the material in a way that allows the desired advantages in terms of low weight, rigidity and stability to be achieved.
Body Geometry products from Specialized address the contact points between rider and bike. They are designed in collaboration with doctors, scientists and athletes to increase performance, improve riding comfort and prevent injuries, taking into account medical-anatomical aspects. Body Geometry features are found on Specialized saddles (padding, shaping), shoes (outsole, footbed, etc.) as well as gloves (padding).
- 1 pair of Specialized S-Works Recon MTB shoes
- 100 day return period
- Online since 1998
- Trusted Shop 4.89 / 5.00