- 100 day return period
- Online since 1998
- Trusted Shop 4.84 / 5.00
SWAT Conceal Carry MTB Tool System - you have the tools with you and yet they stay hidden
The Specialized SWAT Conceal Carry Tool System includes a multi-tool and a chain riveting function, and is stowed in the MTB fork steerer tube. It is suitable for tapered suspension forks with aluminium steer tube. To install the two-piece system, you must first remove the fork star nut. The upper part is inserted into the steerer tube from above, the lower part is screwed into the upper one from below with one of the bolts supplied and is finally tightened with a 5 mm hex tool. This provides the necessary preload in the headset bearings. Four bolts of different lengths are included to accommodate the different possible lengths of fork stems.
The mini-tool is hidden directly under the pivoting stem cap and is kept under tension there by a spring, so that it pops out immediately when needed. It has 3 mm to 8 mm hex tools and a T25 torx tool made from hardened steel. The chain riveting function results from a recess in the middle of the upper part in combination with one of the compression screws and the 5 mm hex tool. In this way, if the chain is broken, the affected pins can be removed, but no new pins can be pressed in. Additionally you will find two practical magnetic mounts for master links (not included in the delivery) at the underside of the system.
Using the SWAT Conceal Carry Tool System you always have the most important tools with you, but you do not need any additional space.
Function: Multi-tool, opening of chains
Type: special tool
Type: Hex tool, torx tool
Material: aluminium, steel
- 1 1/8" - 1.5" tapered aluminium suspension fork stems with a large hole at the underside
- minimum steerer tube length 165 mm (145 mm with 55 mm compression screw, not included in the delivery)
- maximum steerer tube length 225 mm
- stows a multi-tool in the steerer tube of modern suspension forks with aluminium steerer tubes
- quick-release device is rotated to the side, releasing the spring-loaded multi-functional tool
- with chain disassembly function
- with magnetic mount for master links
- hardened CRV steel bits with anti-rust coating and forged aluminium frame
SWAT is the acronym for " Storage, Water, Air, Tools" and describes a whole range of solutions that Specialized offers for space-saving accessories. There are SWAT elements that are built into Specialized frames from the get-go, such as the opening below the bottle cage on certain mountain and gravel bikes. And there are SWAT components which can be retrofitted to any wheel, e.g. the Conceal Carry Tool or the EMT Cage Mount Tools for SWAT bottle cages. The aim is to always use an existing, unused space to carry accessories such as drinking bottles, inner tubes, tools or CO2 cartridges, while being within easy reach, in a safe space and without impairing the aerodynamics. This often results in backpacks or bags being out of the question and emergency solutions such as spare tubes tied to the frame are something that everyone wants to avoid.
Manufacturer Part Number:
- 1 x Specialized SWAT Conceal Carry MTB Tool system, 2-piece
- 1 x Specialized multi-tool
- 1 x compression screw 75 mm for 165 - 180 mm steerer tubes (pre-installed)
- 1 x compression screw 80 mm for 180 - 195 mm steerer tubes
- 1 x compression screw 105 mm for 195 - 210 mm steerer tubes
- 1 x compression screw 120 mm for 210 - 225 mm steerer tubes